If I am attending the University of Limerick through a “Study Abroad” programme sponsored by my domestic school, do I apply for federal student aid through the University of Limerick?

No. Federal student aid for a short term, or a study abroad programme is processed by the student’s home institution in the U.S.

The University of Limerick is not authorized to certify student loans or deferments for U.S. study abroad students who only plan to attend for a semester or for a one year study abroad experience to earn credits that apply toward or transfer into a degree program in which the student is enrolled in the U.S.