Tonys research interests include aspects of employment regulation and work equalities: employee voice; worker silence; trade union organisation; gig-economy work; technology and digital work platforms; HRM & organisational performance; labour migration.
- 2017 - Literati Paper Award (with M Heffernan)
- 2016 - Best Conference Thematic Paper (with B Harney)
- 2016 - Teresa Brannick Award (with B Harney)
- 2010 - Presidents Award for Teaching and Learning Excellence
- 2006 - Literati Paper Award (with M. Marchington, A. Wilkinson, P. Ackers)
- 2006 - Best Conference Paper
- 1998 - Research Excellence Literati Award (with D Eva)
- 2013 Irish Government Apprenticeship Commission , Member of Government Commission (Republic of Ireland) to review and revise occupations and skills for apprenticeship training and qualifications
- 2004 Irish Academy of Management (IAM) ,
- 2003 Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA),
- 2003 Irish Association for Industrial Relations ,
- 2013 Fellow, Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS)
- 2003 Member, Irish Association for Industrial Relations
- 2001 Member, Irish Academy of Management (IAM)
- 2000 Member, British Academy of Management (BAM)
- 1999 Member, Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA)
- 1997 Member, British Universities Industrial Relations Association (BUIRA)
- 1997 Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Honorary Visiting Professor: University of St Andrews Management School, Scotland
- Visiting Research Fellow: Queensland University of Technology Business School, Australia (March-April 2016)
- Visiting Research Fellow: Centre for Work Organisation and Wellbeing, Griffith University Business School, Australia (Jan-Feb 2016)
- Visiting Research Scholar: Toulouse Business School, France (April June 2010)
- International Visiting Research Fellow: University of Sydney, Australia (Dec 2008 - April 2009)
- Visiting Research Fellow: Bowater School of Management, Deakin University, Melbourne (Jan 2005-April 2006)
- Visiting Professor: Work & Equalities Institute (WEI), Alliance Manchester Business School, UK
Case Studies in Work, Employment and Human Resource Management
Dundon, T and Wilkinson, A
Handbook of Research on Employee Voice
Wilkinson, A., Donaghey, J., Dundon, T. & Freeman, RB
Elgar Introduction to Theories of Human Resources and Employment Relations
Keith Townsend, Kenneth Cafferkey, Aoife M. McDermott & Tony Dundon (Eds)
Routledge Companion of Employment Relations
Adrian Wilkinson, Tony Dundon, Jimmy Donaghey & Alex Covin (Eds)
Contemporary Human Resource Management: Text and Cases
A. Wilkinson, T. Redman, T Dundon
A Very Short, Fairly Interesting and Reasonably Cheap Book about Employment Relations
Tony Dundon, Niall Cullinane & Adrian Wilkinson
Understanding Employment Relations
Tony Dundon & Derek Rollinson
Precarious conditions in university sector put all of society at risk
Tumulty, P., Dundon, T., Ryan, L. and Dobbins, T.
Just when you thought it was safe to sign a zero hours contract
MacMahon J and Dundon T
Peer Reviewed Journal
Tracking employee voice: developing the concept of voice pathways
Townsend K.;Wilkinson A.;Dundon T.;Mowbray P.K.
Asia Pacific Journal Of Human Resources DOI: 10.1111/1744-7941.12271
Employer silencing in a context of voice regulations: Case studies of non-compliance
Hickland E, Cullinane N, Dobbins T, Dundon T, Donaghey J
Human Resource Management Journal DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1748-8583.1228516
Different strokes for different folks: Group variation in employee outcomes to human resource management
Cafferkey K.;Dundon T.;Winterton J.;Townsend K.
Journal Of Organizational Effectiveness DOI: 10.1108/JOEPP-12-2018-0114
Perceptions of HRM system strength and affective commitment: the role of human relations and internal process climate
Cafferkey K.;Heffernan M.;Harney B.;Dundon T.;Townsend K.
International Journal Of Human Resource Management DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2018.1448295
Forming Effective Employee Information and Consultation: A Five-Stage Trust and Justice Process
Kougiannou N.;Dundon T.;Wilkinson A.
British Journal Of Management DOI: 10.1111/1467-8551.12382
Employee voice mechanisms for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender expatriation: the role of Employee-Resource Groups (ERGs) and allies
McNulty Y.;McPhail R.;Inversi C.;Dundon T.;Nechanska E.
International Journal Of Human Resource Management DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2017.1376221
Towards an integration of employee voice and silence
Nechanska E.;Hughes E.;Dundon T.
Human Resource Management Review DOI: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2018.11.002
An analytical framework for employment regulation: investigating the regulatory space
Inversi C.;Buckley L.;Dundon T.
Employee Relations DOI: 10.1108/ER-01-2016-0021
Whistle-blowing and the employment relations implications of the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 in the Republic of Ireland
Lisa Halpin & Tony Dundon
Irish Journal Of Management DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/ijm-2017-0009
The Chimera of Sustainable Labour–Management Partnership
Dobbins T.;Dundon T.
British Journal Of Management DOI: 10.1111/1467-8551.12128
Employment regulation, game theory and weak employee voice in liberal economies
Dobbins T.;Dundon T.;Cullinane N.;Hickland E.;Donaghey J.
International Labour Review DOI: 10.1111/j.1564-913X.2015.00053.x
Triggering employee voice under the European Information and Consultation Directive: A non-union case study
Cullinane N.;Hickland E.;Dundon T.;Dobbins T.;Donaghey J.
Economic And Industrial Democracy DOI: 10.1177/0143831X15584085
Cross-level effects of high-performance work systems (HPWS) and employee well-being: The mediating effect of organisational justice
Heffernan M.;Dundon T.
Human Resource Management Journal DOI: 10.1111/1748-8583.12095
The shifting contours of collective bargaining in the manufacturing sector in the Republic of Ireland: Government, employer and union responses since the economic crisis
Hickland E.;Dundon T.
European Journal Of Industrial Relations DOI: 10.1177/0959680116643208
Exploring the HRM-performance relationship: the role of creativity climate and strategy
Heffernan M.;Harney B.;Cafferkey K.;Dundon T.
Employee Relations DOI: 10.1108/ER-06-2015-0110
Militant partnership: a radical pluralist analysis of workforce dialectics
Dundon T.;Dobbins T.
Work Employment And Society DOI: 10.1177/0950017014559961
Double-breasting employee voice: An assessment of motives, arrangements and durability
Dundon T.;Cullinane N.;Donaghey J.;Dobbins T.;Wilkinson A.;Hickland E.
Human Relations DOI: 10.1177/0018726714531997
Employer occupation of regulatory space of the Employee Information and Consultation (I&C) Directive in liberal market economies
Dundon T.;Dobbins T.;Cullinane N.;Hickland E.;Donaghey J.
Work Employment And Society DOI: 10.1177/0950017012466688
Unitarism and employer resistance to trade unionism
Cullinane N.;Dundon T.
International Journal Of Human Resource Management DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2012.667428
Participatory action research with and within community activist groups: Capturing the collective experience of Ireland's Community and Voluntary Pillar in social partnership
Carney G.;Dundon T.;Léime A.
Action Research DOI: 10.1177/1476750312451279
Reconceptualising employee silence: Problems and prognosis
Donaghey J.;Cullinane N.;Dundon T.;Wilkinson A.
Work Employment And Society DOI: 10.1177/0950017010389239
Interviewing reluctant respondents: Strikes, henchmen, and gaelic games
Dundon T.;Ryan P.
Organizational Research Methods DOI: 10.1177/1094428109335571
Bitten by the celtic tiger: Immigrant workers and industrial relations in the New 'Glocalized' Ireland
Dundon T.;Gonzlez-Prez M.;McDonough T.
Economic And Industrial Democracy DOI: 10.1177/0143831X07082122
Capturing complexity: Developing an integrated approach to analysing HRM in SMEs
Harney B.;Dundon T.
Human Resource Management Journal DOI: 10.1111/j.1748-8583.2006.00004.x