BSc.(Hons) Curr. Occ., MSc. (Disability Management), PhD Occupational Therapy
Senior Lecturer Occupational Therapy
Katie graduated from the School of Occupational Therapy, Trinity College Dublin in 2000. She has worked clinically in St. Camillus' Hospital Limerick and St. Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin (Pain Management Program). She completed an MSc through research in the Department of Disability Studies at University College Dublin 2003. This Masters research explored the discourses used by people with hand injuries in constructing their experience of hand injury.
Katie began working in the Department of Occupational Therapy at the University of Limerick in 2004. Katie completed her PhD supported by a research training fellowship for healthcare professionals from the Health Research Board in 2011. .
- 2008 Regular Member, International Association for the Study of Pain
- 2006 , Occuaption UK & Ireland
- 2004 Regular member, Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland
- 2004 University of Limerick - Junior lecturer
- 2003 St. Vincents University Hospital - Senior Occupational Therapist
- 2001 St. Vincents University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin. - Basic Grade Occupational Therapist
- 2000 St. Camillus Hospital, Limerick. - Basic Grade Occupational Therapist