BiographyDr Siobhán Griffin is a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Dept of Psychology at the University of Limerick. Her work involves research on a social identity model of trauma and identity change (SIMTIC) as part of an ERC grant awarded to Prof Orla Muldoon. Prior to this Siobhán worked as a Lecturer below the bar (Sept 2019 - Feb 2020) and a teaching assistant in the Dept of Psychology, UL (2018), as a Departmental Assistant in the Dept of Psychology, Mary Immaculate College (MIC; 2015-2017), as a research assistant (2016-2019), and as a primary school teacher (2016-2019). Siobhán completed her PhD in Psychology in the University of Limerick in 2020, under the supervision of Dr Siobhán Howard. She graduated from the B.Ed in Education and Psychology programme in MIC in 2015. Her PhD research examined the relationship between emotion regulation and cardiovascular reactivity to stress.
Siobhán is particularly interested in how psychological factors can influence physical health. She is a member of the Health Research Institute (HRI), the Centre for Social Issues in Research (CSI-R), and the Study of Anxiety, Stress, and Health Laboratory (SASHLab) in UL. She is open to potential collaborations with other researchers.
- 2021 - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Global Fellowship
- 2020 - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Seal of Excellence
- 2015 - Departmental Assistantship
- 2015 - Presidents Scholarship Award
- 2021 University of Limerick - Postdoctoral Researcher
- 2019 University of Limerick - Lecturer below the bar
- 2020 University of Limerick - PhD
- 2015 Mary Immaculate College - B.Ed
- American Psychosomatic Society, American Psychosomatic Society
- APA, American Psychological Assoication (APA)
- Society for Psychophysiology Research, Society for Psychophysiology Research (SPR)
- Society for the Improvement of Psychological Science , Society for the Improvement of Psychological Science (SIPS)
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology , Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP)
- Division of Health Psychology, Division of Health Psychology (DHP), PSI
- Psychological Society of Ireland , Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI)
- Departmental Athena Swan Self-Assessment Team,
- Invited member of the American Psychosomatic Society (APS) program organising committee for the 2022 and 2023 annual meeting.