- Co-founder of the Biomechanics Research Unit (BRU) within UL - BRU has an excellent track record in research with 1.14 million of funding, 29 collaborators, 56 Journal Papers, 127 Conference Papers, 1 book, 13 current postgraduate students, 26 graduates at PG level, and 2125 delegate days of conferences.
- Expertise in the area of movement variability in sport; specifically the technology and algorithms underpinning the measurement and application of results to the athlete/patient
- Other areas of research include biofeedback and its uses in sport, wireless technology and communications in sport and medicine, data-logging in sport, and more generally the application of engineering to sport and medicine
- 2012 University of Ulster - External Examiner - Sport and Exercise Sciences BSc
- 2002 University of Limerick - Lecturer
- 1997 Grampian Healthcare, ARI, Aberdeen - Biomedical Engineer
- 1997 University fo Limerick - Juniour Lecturer
- 2010 Elected Board Member - International Society of Biomechanics in Sport,
- 2010 International Society of Biomechanics in Sports Nominations Committee 2010,
- 2002 Physical Education Video Project Steering Committee (Dept of Educ.),
- 2009 Member of the Board of Directors, International Society of Biomechanics in Sport
- 2002 Member, International Society of Sports Engineering
- 2000 Member, European College of Sport Sciences
- 1991 Member, Institute of Physics
- 2002 University of Limerick - Ph.D.
- 1997 University of Aberdeen - M.Sc.
- 1995 The Robert Gordon University - B.Sc.