I have been a Lecturer in Applied Linguistics and Spanish at University of Limerick since 2015, after previously been in National University of Ireland, Maynooth. My main interests (teaching and researching) are in the broad area of Applied Linguistics.
In 2007 I was awarded with first prize in the II Premio Cristobal de Villalón for Pedagogic Innovation at Universidad de Valladolid, Spain.
I have participated in several projects involving ICT, SLA and FLT and currently I am a national representative for the Cost Action EnetCollect (European Network for Combining Language Learning with Crowdsourcing Techniques). I am a member of Uni-Collaboration, CALS (Center of Applied Languages) and GREP (Group de Recerca en entonación i parla).
My Research interest are in the broad area of Applied Linguistics, particularly in:
SLA; Second/Foreign Language Teacher Education; Intercultural Communication; Technology and Language Learning & Computer mediated Communication; Spanish Pronunciation; Film and Media pedagogy for Language Learning
General teaching responsibilities
Spanish Language and Culture, Text Analysis, Language and Technology, Intercultural Communication
Recent postgraduate teaching
LP6001 & LP6002 Integrating Language Teaching and Learning I, II. (Profesional Masters on Education)
LP6011 Language Pedagogy (Profesional Masters on Education).
LI6002 ICT and Language Studies (MA TESOL and MA Applied Linguistics International)
Recent undergraduate teaching
CU4121 Introduction to Cultural Studies and New Media
BR4012: Communication across Cultures
LI4113 Language & Technology
SP4248 Media and Current Issues in the Spanish Speaking world
SP4143&SP4243 Spanish Language, Culture and Society 3
SP4248: SPANISH LANGUAGE CULTURE AND SOCIETY 6
- 2019 - Erasmus + DELTA Schoolarship
- 2007 - Awarded with first prize in the II Premio Cristobal de Villalón for Pedagogic Innovation
- 2019 Member , Uni-Colllaboration: Uni-Colllaboration: Cross-Disciplinary Organisation for Telecollaboration and Virtual Exchange in Higher Education.
- 2017 External member, TELNETCOM (Telecollaborative Networks for the Development of Generic Competences)
- 2015 Member, CALS (Center of Applied Linguistics studies)
- 2010 Member, GREP (Grup de Recerca de l´entonació i la Parla)
- 2016 FAHSS Internationalisation Committee at UL,
- 2016 University of Limerick - Lecturer in Applied Linguistics and Spanish
- 2015 NUIM, National University of Ireland, Maynooth. - Assistant Lecturer in Spanish
- 2013 University of Limerick - PT Lecturer in Spanish and Research Assistant
- 2011 Instituto Cervantes Leeds. (UK) - Permanent member of teaching staff
- 2009 Instituto Cervantes Brasilia. (Brasil) - Permanent member of teaching staff
- 2008 NUIG, National University of Ireland, Galway. - TA Spanish
- 2001 St Patrick's College, Dublín. - PT Spanish Lecturer
- 1999 Instituto Cervantes Dublín. - Fixt-term member of teaching staff
Telecollaboration and virtual exchange across disciplines: In service of social inclusion and global citizenship
Batardière, M-T., Giralt, M., Jeanneau, C., and Le Baron-Earle, F.