Research InterestsMy research focuses on discourses of memory, representation and transitional politics in the Hispanic World (with special emphasis on contemporary Spain). My current research project is centred on two main aspects: demarcation and re-inscription of public spaces (sites of memory), and gendered discourses of memory and contestation of traditional war paradigms.
Memory politics and representation in contemporary Spain.
Women's cultural representation and counter-memory dynamics in Spain and Latin America (Southern Cone).
- 2010 - Women's Memory as a Path toward Justice and Peace in Transitioning Democracies
- 2008 - IRCHSS Research Fellowship
- 2007 - Meridiana Award, Regional Government of Andalusia, Spain
- 2004 - Experts Exchange of the Department of Education
- 2005 *, International Association of Hispanists
- 2003 *, Association for Contemporary Iberian Studies (ACIS)
- 1999 *, Women in Spanish and Portuguese Studies (WISPS)
- 1999 *, Association of Hispanists of Great Britain and Ireland (AHGBI)
- 1998 College of Education, University of Limerick. - Interpreter
- 1995 University of Limerick. - Postgraduate tutor
- 1994 South-Eastern Education and Library Board N.I. - Spanish Language Assistant
- Cátedra Memoria Historica del Siglo XX, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain,