John Lombard is a lecturer in the School of Law, UL. He completed his LLB (Law and European Studies) at UL before going on to study for an LLM and PhD in UCC. In 2018 John graduated from UL with a Grad Dip in Teaching, Learning & Scholarship. Prior to his appointment, John worked in the School of Law and Social Justice at the University of Liverpool where he lectured in Medical Law and Equity. He has also previously worked as a research assistant in the Governance, Risk, and Compliance Technology Centre based in UCC.
John's research interests lie in the areas of Medical Law and Intellectual Property Law. He has researched extensively in the area of end-of-life care and has published a research monograph titled 'Law, Palliative Care, and Dying: Legal and Ethical Challenges' (Routledge 2018). In support of his research, John has received the RIA Charlemont Award and has been successful in IRC funding bids.
Tel: +353 61 213486
- 2017 Council Member, Irish Association of Law Teachers
- School of Law - Outgoing Visitor - Sichuan University -China
- I P Unit - Outgoing Visitor - University of Cape Town -South Africa
- Georgia State University, Center for Law, Health and Society - Outgoing Visitor -USA
- International Observatory on End of Life Care - Outgoing Visitor - Lancaster University -England