BiographyDr. Elaine Berkery is a Lecturer in Management and a member of the Work, Knowledge and Employment research stream in the Kemmy Business School. Her teaching interests are in the area of management, international management and strategic management across health, public and tourism sectors. She teaches on a wide range of programmes at both undergraduate and post-graduate level, and has extensive experience of programme development including the MA in Business Management, for which she was Course Director from February 2008 - September 2012. She is an Alumnus of the International Teachers Programme (ITP) and has been nominated for the Large Group Teaching Excellence Award at the University of Limerick (2009, 3013).
Elaine completed her PhD by publication at the University of Limerick. Her research interests are in the area of gender and leadership; gender role stereotypes; female representation on state boards; flexible work arrangements and organizational outcomes; and strategy development in NGOs.
Elaine has presented her research to international audiences and has published her research in International Journals. She is a Senior Associate Fellow of the Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development, a member of the Irish Academy of Management and a member of the Work, Knowledge and Employment research stream in the Kemmy Business School.
Research InterestsMy main research interests include:
Gender equality in the workplace
Women in management
Gender role stereotypes
Female appointments to state boards
The impact of flexible working arrangements across EU organizations
Strategy development in NGOs
- 2021 Member, British Academy of Management
- 2019 Member, Work and Family Researchers Network
- 2014 Member, Irish Academy of Management
- 2009 Alumnus, International Teachers Programme
- 2006 Fellow, Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development
- 2021 - Best Developmental Paper Award, SIG Gender in Management, British Academy of Management Conference
- 2020 - Joint second place -European Management Journal Best Paper Award
- 2013 - Shortlisted for the Excellence in Large Group Teaching Award
- 2012 - Best Doctoral Paper Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development.
- 2008 - Shortlisted for the Excellence in Large Group Teaching Award
- 2019 Outgoing Academic Erasmus Co-ordinator-BBS Programmes,
- 2018 KBS Equality and Diversity Committee ,
- 2008 Course Baord for the MA in Business Management ,
- 2017 University of Limerick - PhD
- 2004 University of Limerick - Master of Arts in International Tourism
- 2003 University of Limerick - BBS
- 2006 University of Limerick - Lecturer in Management
- 2006 Shannon College of Hotel Management, Shannon, Co. Clare - Lecturer, part-time
- 2004 University of Limerick - Teaching Assistant
- 2004 Limerick Senior College, Mulgrave Street, Limerick - Lecturer, evening classes