BiographyElectronic and Computer Engineer, specialising in embedded systems development and digital design and testing.
16 years industrial experience on electronic and embedded systems design
15 years academic experience, researching and teaching embedded systems design, digital systems design and test and computer architecture.
Research InterestsDesign, development and testing and debugging of embedded system, with particular emphasis on debugging and verification of real-time systems.
Test engineering, with emphasis on SoC test and low power scan testing.
- 2014 - Winter Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2008 University of Limerick - PhD
- 1996 University of Limerick - M.Eng
- 1980 NIHE, Limerick (now UL) - Graduate Diploma
- 1978 University College Dublin - BE
- 2000 University of Limerick - Lecturer Below The Bar
- 1986 Ashling Microsystems Ltd - Senior Design Engineer/Project Leader
- 1984 LDC/Milton Roy, Shannon Industrial Estate, Co Clare, Ireland - Electronic Engineer
- 1983 NIHE, Limerick (now University of Limerick) - Research Assistant
- 1982 Waterford Regional Technical College (now Waterford IT) - Temporary Lecturer
- 1978 SIFA Chemicals, Shannon Industrial Estate, Co Clare - Chemical Engineer
- 1991 Member, IEEE