Dr Antonio Calderón is a Lecturer in the Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Limerick. He is co-convener of the network 'Research in Sport Pedagogy' of the European Educational Research Association (EERA) and Associate Editor of the Culture_Science_Sport journal (ISI indexed). He is also a member of the editorial board of the Curriculum Studies in Health and Physical Education and Journal of Teaching in Physical Education. Antonio has been a visiting scholar at the University of Porto (Portugal), The University of Auckland (New Zealand), Auburn University (USA) and University of Rome, Foro Itálico (Italy) to teach and research on curriculum models for teaching and learning. He is the 2017 winner of the Jennifer Burke Award for Innovation in Teaching and Learning. Antonio's current research focus aims to explore the effect of digital technology to offer an assessment of quality' and inclusive pedagogy to ensure a powerful and meaningful learning experience in teacher education. He also has an active collaboration with the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment in Ireland (statutory body of the Department of Education and Skills) supporting teachers to develop an effective integration of digital technology in teaching and learning.
Antonio's research interests are mostly focus on student learning in physical education and on social media and digital technologies for learning and engagement in teacher education.
1) 2010-Visiting scholar. University of Porto, Faculty of Sport, Porto, Portugal.
2) 2011- Visiting scholar. Auburn University, Department of Kinesiology, Auburn, United States.
3) 2014 - Visiting scholar. The University of Auckland, Department of Health and Physical Education, Auckland, New Zealand.
4) 2016 -Visiting scholar. The University of Rome, Department of Sport Pedagogy, Rome, Italy.
|Antonio's main teaching interests revolve around physical education teacher education, social media and digital technology for learning, curriculum models, teaching, learning and assessment issues within school physical education.|
- 2019 - Excellence in Teaching Award. Faculty of Education and Health Sciences
- 2017 - Jennifer Burke Award for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
- 2015 - Department of Education. Region de Murcia. Category: Research:
- 2013 - American Educational Research Association (AERA). Exemplary Paper Award
- 2012 - Sport Education Editors' Choice -Taylor and Francis Journals Physical Education and Sport
- 2017 Regular member, Educational Studies Association of Ireland
- 2014 Regular member, AIESEP International Association for Physical Education in Higher Education
- 2014 Co-convenor, European Educational Research Association
- Alan Ovens - Outgoing Visitor - University of Auckland -New Zealand
- Antonio Sánchez- Pato - Hold Joint Programme - University of Murcia -Spain
- Emanuele Isidori - Joint Publication - Università degli studi di Roma Foro Italico -Italy
- Emanuele Isidori - Outgoing Visitor - Università degli studi di Roma Foro Italico -Italy
- Peter Hastie - Visiting Professor/Lecturer - Auburn University -USA
- Peter Hastie - Co-supervision of PhD - Auburn University -USA
- Ramiro Rolim - Joint Publication - Universidade do Porto -Portugal
- Ramiro Rolim - Visiting Professor/Lecturer - Universidade do Porto -Portugal