BiographyAnita Barmettler works at UL since 2014, where she teaches the German language, the history of the German speaking countries and current affairs and German literature with focus on Swiss literature. Seh is also involved in teaching the MA in PME.
Anita worked as a primary school teacher for several years in Zurich, Switzerland and she followed this with Cultural Studies at the University of Lucerne. She finished her Bachelors and Master's degree of Arts with the emphasis on Jewish Studies and wrote her PhD about the three Kindertransport-poets Karen Gershon, Gerda Mayer and Lotte Kramer.
Research interests are Jewish literature and culture, transcultural literature and cinema, intercultural communication and teaching languages through literature.
Research InterestsGerman-Jewish Literature and Holocaust Literature
Transcultural literature and cinema
Culture in contemporary films and TV-shows
Literature as a tool to teach languages
- 2022 University of Lucerne - PhD
- 2015 University of Lucerne - MA
- 2010 University of Lucerne - BA
- 2021 - Teaching Hero
- international Committee,
- German Studies in Ireland Association,
- Working to improve diversity in the media. Empowering people to share their own stories. Reducing stereotypes, fostering empathy. Website: www.tyos.ie
- Mentoring the student coming from Germany on the Erasmus+ Programme to create a play with German students.