Eimear Spain is a Senior Lecturer in Health Law in a joint appointment between the Faculty of Education and Health Sciences and the School of Law. Eimear graduated with a BA in Law and Accounting and was awarded the University Medal for first place in interdisciplinary programmes upon graduation. Upon commencing her PhD she was awarded a University Scholarship and a Government of Ireland Scholarship by the Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences which she held for three years. Following completion of her PhD, Eimear took up a position as a Research Coordinator in Macquarie University in Sydney. She was subsequently appointed as a Senior Lecturer in the University of Northumbria in England before returning to take up a lecturing position in the School of Law in 2010. In 2015 she was appointed as a Senior Lecturer in Health Law.
- Kilcommins, S., Leahy, S., Moore Walsh, K. and Spain, E (2018) Victims of Crime in Ireland. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- Spain, E. (2011) The Role of Emotions in Criminal Law Defences; Duress, Necessity and Lesser Evils. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. xvi+306pp. ISBN: 978-1-10700-818-2
- Gulati, G. Kelly, B. Linehan, S. O’Neill, C. O’Connell, P. Whelan, D. Spain, E., Meagher D., Dunne, C.P. (2019) The psychiatric management of prisoners on hunger strike: developing a management algorithm using the Delphi technique, Intl J Prisoner Health 15(1).66-75, DOI: 10.1108/IJPH-06-2017-0030.
- O'Connor, R. O'Doherty, J., O'Mahony, M., Spain, E. (2019) Study of the Attitudes and Knowledge of Irish General Practitioners to their potential role in crisis pregnancy following repeal of the 8th Amendment of the Irish Constitution, BJGP Open 10 3(4).
- O’Regan, A., Smithson, W.H. Smithson and Spain, E., (2017) Social media and professional identity: Pitfalls and potential, Medical Teacher, DOI: 10.1080/0142159X.2017.1396308