The HRI’s Research Funding Officer will provide dedicated support to health researchers (HRI members) at UL and its affiliated institutions by providing comprehensive advice and support relating to applications for externally funded research both national and international. The support provided to HRI members includes:
- Identification and communication of relevant research funding opportunities
- Assisting with the preparation of research applications
- Costing proposals
- Liaising with the Clinical Research Support Unit
- Execution of submission in line with the terms and conditions set out by the funders
- Liaising with funding bodies on behalf of the HRI members
Biostatistical support is available in the HRI and is provided by the Biostatistician. We help with:
- Study design consultation and evaluation.
- Sample size and power calculations.
- Analysis of clinical trials data.
- Writing statistical analysis section for grant proposals and papers.
- Review and edits of grant proposals and papers revisions.
Along with helping researchers with their statistical issues, we aim to develop novel methods to analyse data, in order to transform data sets into useful and understandable information.
All researchers and investigators are encouraged to contact the Biostatistician (email@example.com) early in the grant preparation process.