Bachelor of Technology (Education) in Materials and Engineering Technology
NFQ Level 8 major Award Honours Bachelor Degree
† Indicates that students admitted to the programme are required to undergo a Garda Vetting process.
Why Study Technology and Education in Materials and Engineering Technology at UL?
UL's School of Education is the largest post-primary teacher education provider in the state and is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for Education programmes. University of Limerick is also ranked within the top 75 universities in Europe for excellence in teaching and learning.
This degree with specialism in the teaching of Metalwork and Technology, is designed to produce graduates with technological and engineering skills to satisfy the needs of the Irish second level school system in relation to teaching Metalwork, Technical Graphics and Technology at Junior Cycle, and the subjects Technology, Engineering and Design & Communication Graphics at Leaving Certificate.
- This programme of study is unique to UL - the only degree course of its kind in Ireland
- The School of Education at UL is one of the largest suppliers of teachers in Ireland - the reputation of our graduates and their tradition of success are well established in schools around Ireland
- You can go straight into teaching after graduation, no further study at postgraduate level is required
- In this program, you will develop a wide range of skills and knowledge that will prepare you to shape the next generation of engineers
- You can avail of dedicated design and manufacturing facilities where you will develop your understanding of teaching in an applied environment, using mechanical design, manufacturing and robotics
- In the ‘Sumo-bot’ module you will design, manufacture, and program a robot to battle other robots
- A recent survey from the Higher Education Authority found that education graduates have the highest starting salary of any group of graduates