- Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) is the single awarding authority for all new grant applications.
- Students should apply / submit grant queries directly to SUSI.
- Please note: Students do not need to submit proof of your registration to SUSI yourself, as SUSI connects directly with UL on a weekly basis, to confirm that grant applicants are registered UL students.
- For further information please log into Student Hub Online and see SUSI information.
- UL offers a number of generous scholarships to students on a need or merit basis. While each scholarship has different eligibility requirements, some require applicants to submit additional applications for the scholarship, others are awarded automatically.
- For more information, see the relevant UL course webpage.
- UL offers a number of partial merit-based scholarships. You do not need to apply for these scholarships, as your application will automatically be reviewed for eligibility upon submission. If you are eligible for a scholarship, you will be notified of this at the same time you receive your offer.
- For more information, see the list of International Scholarships.
- The Student Assistance Fund (SAF) supports students who are experiencing difficulty in meeting the day-to-day expenses associated with attending college, or who encounter unforeseen circumstances resulting in short or longer-term financial difficulties, (e.g. family difficulties, bereavement, accidents or health problems).
New UL Students:
- All new entrants must complete the Online Finance Task in the Student Portal which will determine your fee liability for the year. This must be completed even if you will not be paying any fees.
- All fee-related communications will be sent to your UL student email address.
How to pay fees:
- Option 1: Students can pay online via the Student Portal. Click on Financial Statement to review your transactions and you will be given the option to pay online.
- Option 2: Student can pay via the online payment system.
- Option 3: An automated telephone system is available 24x7 on +353( 061) 529097. This number is for Student Fees payments only. Please check the Student Portal for your up-to-date balance. You will need your Student ID Number, Date of Birth, and a card to make payment.
When to pay fees:
A late payment charge of €200 will apply where students fail to pay fees by the specified due date. Please refer to the Academic Calendar.