Graduates and alumni students can request a certified transcript or other official documents, which will be issued electronically in a secure document, through the Graduates & UL Alumni section on our Contact Us page.
Please be advised there is a charge of €10 per transcript. This can be paid over the phone using your credit/debit card. A member of our team will contact you to process payment.
Please allow up to 7 working days to process requests for certified documents.
Electronic Transcripts/Documents - Graduates
Graduates of the University of Limerick receive a printed parchment at their conferring ceremony (or posted to their registered address after graduation). An electronic version of the parchment and other academic award documents (Transcript and European Diploma Supplement) are also made available for all graduates from 2018 and on request by graduates from 2005.
UL uses Digitary, an online secure document platform, which will enable graduates to access a certified and secure electronic copy of all Academic Documents (e.g. transcript, European Diploma supplement, parchment). It also will enable you to send links to others (e.g. employers) for secure verification of any of these documents.
In use in over 125 countries, and by over 1.5m graduates, Digitary offers UL Graduates a secure method of accessing and sharing their academic documents. For information on Digitary see https://www.digitary.net/faq/#about and for the security implemented please see https://www.digitary.net/faq/#security.
|Current students / new graduates||Please ensure that your "home email address" is updated on the Student Portal. Your documents, completed approximately 2 weeks after your conferring ceremony, will be available on Digitary, with a link sent to your "home email address". This link will enable you to register on Digitary and access your documents.|
|Graduates from August 2019 onward||If you have received an email from Digitary, please follow the instructions on that email. If you have not received an email, please contact us for further information. Please include your name, ID number and date of birth, and the course (and year) from which you graduated.|
|Graduates from August 2005 to January 2019||If you wish to gain access to your documents online, you can request Digitary access through the Graduates & Alumni section of our Contact Us page.|
In the email you received, you will see a link which will bring you to a register page. Please click this link, and register, using the email address where you received the invitation to register. After you register, you can add other email addresses to your Digitary account if you wish.
In the email you received, you will see a link which will bring you to a registration page.
- Please click this link, and register, using the email address where you received the invitation to register.
- After you register, you can add other email addresses to your Digitary account if you wish.
- If you have not received an email, and it has been over 4 weeks since your graduation, please contact us for further information. Please include your name, ID number and date of birth, and the course (and year) from which you graduated.
If you received the email, and have followed the registration instructions, but you are unable to register, please contact us, including screenshots of the error messages, or notices that you may be receiving, as well as your name, ID number and date of birth, and the course (and year) from which you graduated.
If you have followed the instructions in the email you received, and you have registered using the same email address to which you received the invite to register, and cannot see your documents, please contact us for assistance. Please include your name, ID number and date of birth, and the course (and year) from which you graduated.
If you have access to your documents on Digitary, through the original email to which the documents where shared, then you can add additional accounts/email accounts.
If you haven’t received the email from Digitary, please contact us. Please include your name, ID number and date of birth, and the course (and year) from which you graduated.
- From the documents page, which will be visible after login, click on the Share button next to the document you wish to share.
- You can choose to have Digitary CORE send an email to a person, specify for how long they can access the document, require them to have a PIN to access the document, or simply copy/paste the share link into a personal email that you yourself send to the recipient.
- You can also send your document to a registered organisation on the Digitary CORE network. If the organisation to which you want to send your document does not appear in the share dropdown menu, check with the organisation how they want to receive certified documents.
If you have forgotten your Digitary password:
- If you have registered with Digitary already click on the “Can’t sign in?” link on https://core.digitary.net where you can complete an online form that will then forward password reset instructions to your registered email account. If you have linked your account to your Social Media account you will have to reset password on that service.
- If you haven’t registered your email address with the University for Digitary, please contact us. Please include your name, ID number and date of birth, and the course (and year) from which you graduated.
If you wish to change your Digitary password:
- If you click on the drop down menu by your name and choose “Profile Settings” you can then click on “CHANGE EMAIL PASSWORD”.
- On that screen you will be prompted to enter your previous password and then to enter and confirm your new password.
- Once this is completed you will see a pop-up on the top right hand side of the screen informing you that the reset has been successful.