APEX is the Academic & Professional Empowerment Network set up in 2021. Its purpose is:
- To provide networking opportunities for all UL staff
- To enable wider engagement and relationship-building with all UL staff
- To support the embedding of Athena SWAN principles across the university
- To share knowledge and best practice
- To champion a professional culture of equality, diversity & inclusion
- To provide a platform for discussion and engagement
Participation in APEX is open to all staff and the network aims to be inclusive of all academic, professional, administrative, research, technical and support roles at all levels and all genders. The guiding principles of the network are:
- APEX is a network enabler for all UL staff.
- APEX supports and sustains an open environment of staff networking built upon mutual respect.
- APEX builds upon the principles of community and knowledge sharing to support individual and institutional growth.
- APEX is a network built on positivity and transparency that illuminates pathways to community growth.
- Through openness and transparency APEX enables positive accountability.
Click here to view the APEX Network Terms of Reference
APEX Advisory Committee
APEX is overseen by the APEX Advisory Committee, co-chaired by Dr Susan Daly and Ciara McCaffrey. The committee is tasked with setting up the network, planning network-focused events, organising approximately 3 events annually that cater to all staff and seeks, where appropriate, feedback and inputs from the wider UL community.
Click here to view the membership of the Apex Advisory Committee
Click here to view the APEX Advisory Committee Terms of Reference