Universities, research institutions and individual departments may apply for various Athena Swan Awards. Applications are accepted in April and November each year and applicants must indicate their intention to apply two months prior to the closing date in order to be considered.
The rolling submission deadlines from AdvanceHE for April 2022, November 2022 and April 2023 are as follows:
AdvanceHE have announced that the rolling deadline for the April 2022 round of Athena Swan applications will be from the 29th April 2022 to 24th June 2022.
The following dates have also been approved for future awards round
- The November 2022 round will accept applications from 30 November 2022 to 27 January 2023
- The April 2023 round will accept applications 28 April 2023 to 16 June 2023
- Submission deadlines will be reviewed ahead of the November 2023 round
Please click here for further details on the application process.
Some additional information which will help with your Athena Swan Submission Application:
- Athena SWAN Top Tips for Departments
- Important items to note when preparing your Athena SWAN Application
- Ten Reasons you might not get a Bronze Athena SWAN Award
- Athena SWAN Overview of the Extended Charter
- Applying for an Athena SWAN Bronze Award
Complete details of the Award types, application process and FAQs is available on the Equality Challenge Unit Athena SWAN site and in the Athena SWAN Charter Awards Handbook - Post May 2015