Introduction to the Disability Act 2005
The Disability Act 2005 places a number of statutory obligations on public bodies to support access to services and facilities for people with disabilities. The day-to-day responsibility for ensuring compliance with these obligations rests with all units within the University.
This includes the requirement to make:
- public buildings accessible to people with disabilities and
- make public services & information accessible to people with disabilities.
University Supports & Useful Websites:
- Disability Services Office (Student Supports & useful information for Staff and Guardians)
- Disability Supports for Staff
- Student Affairs Division
- Buildings and Estates Department
- Disability Act 2005
- Irish Sign Language Act
Procedures for making a Complaint relating to Access, under the Disability Act 2005
Any individual can make a complaint in writing to the University in relation to sections 25 to 29 of the Act. These deal with * access to information, * access to public buildings and heritage sites, as well as * internal and external service provision. Please click on the following links for information on how to make a complaint under this Act