The Mathematics Application Consortium for Science & Industry (MACSI), as organisers of ESGI 173 wish for true collaboration, creativity, innovation, and idea exchange to thrive and to facilitate a welcoming and respectful community for all. The following ESGI 173 Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour. It applies to all attendees, employees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, and other participants at ESGI 173 events.
MACSI is committed to enabling events at which everyone can participate in an inclusive, respectful, and safe environment regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
- We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, ESGI 173 organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from ESGI 173 without warning. The decision of the organising committee on campus will be final.
- We do not tolerate the use or possession of any illegal substance anywhere in the venue. This includes narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs.
- The Venue is a No Smoking area – The University of Limerick has been a smoke and vape-free campus since 2018. Please refer to the UL Smoke and Vape Free Campus Policy.
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any concerns, please promptly notify a member of the ESGI 173 organising committee as soon as possible. This includes any behaviour that makes you or others feel uncomfortable. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Video recordings and photographs are being taken at this event. By entering you agree to have your image and likeness used by MACSI.
Unacceptable behaviour & materials include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the ESGI 173 event and related activities. Many ESGI 173 event venues are shared with members of the public and the University of Limerick community: please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Harassment includes offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography, or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated.
We value your attendance. We expect participants to follow these rules at all meeting venues and meeting-related social events. Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
ESGI Organising Committee
MACSI - Mathematics Application Consortium for Science & Industry
University of Limerick