The call for nominations for the President’s Staff Excellence Awards is now open. The completed online form must be submitted by 17:00, Friday 8 December 2023.
The Awards are open to all professional, managerial and support staff (PMSS), academic and research staff across the campus community. The purpose of these awards is to recognise the commitment, passion, and hard work of our colleagues, providing an opportunity to publicly acknowledge and thank outstanding contributions to the University and the campus community.
Please note that there are two new categories this year covering contributions to Sustainability and Digital Innovation.
A call for nominations was issued for the awards in 2022 but regretfully these were not concluded. Any nominations received at that time will be included in this call. In addition, to make up for our gap-year, we will select two winners in each category.
I look forward to reading your nominations.
Professor Kerstin Mey
Uachtarán / President
Oifig an Uachtaráin / Office of the President
Calls for nominations are made by the President's Office. All current members of the UL staff community are eligible for nomination and to submit nominations. Entries must be submitted by 17:00, Friday 8 December 2023.
- Except in category 8, only an individual can be nominated for an award.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Where a group wishes to nominate an individual, only one submission should be made, if possible, listing the group members.
- Nominees must be working in UL and have completed their period of probation at the time of nomination to be eligible for consideration for an award.
- Canvassing should not occur.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right not to make an award.
- Where applicable, please identify a primary and a secondary category of award you would like this person to be considered for.
Complete the President's Staff Excellence Award
Please complete ALL sections, each of which is equally weighted in the adjudication process. The adjudication committee can only assess and score nominees on the basis of material submitted in this form.
There are 8 categories open to entry in the President’s Staff Excellence Awards:
- Leadership. This award recognises those who inspire, and who work with teams (large or small) or mentor individuals, to build capacity in others and enable them to achieve their potential.
- Student Experience. Many of our staff make such a difference in the lives of students and this award is for those who positively influence the student experience.
- Exceptional Colleague. This award recognises the work of a colleague whose contribution to the goals of the team are outstanding.
- Continuous Improvement. This award recognises the work of anyone who has significantly improved how things are done.
- Sustainability. An award to recognise an impactful sustainability initiative on campus by an individual or team in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Digital Innovation. An award for those who may have developed a new digital resource, led the implementation of new technology or identified and implemented a creative digital solution.
- Contribution to the Campus Community. This award is a broad category that allows for the recognition of work that enhances the experience of other members of the campus community in many different ways.
- Exceptional Team. This award recognises the impact of a team working on a project in any of the above 7 categories.
The Awards Committee has 9 members:
- Two members of the campus community nominated by the President.
- Two academic nominees of the Provost / Deputy President.
- Two professional administrative / support staff nominees of the Director, HR.
- Two nominees of the Vice President Research.
- Non-voting chair – Marketing & Communications Director nominee
Nominations will be shortlisted by the Awards Committee based on the information provided in the nomination form.
This shortlist will be submitted for a final decision to be made by the President, in consultation with Executive Committee.