The KBS Research Ethics Committee is charged by the University to consider the ethics of proposed research projects which will involve human subjects and to agree or not, as is the case, whether the projected research is ethical.
All applicants must complete the relevant KBSREC Research Ethics application form (either the Faculty and PhD students’ form or the FYP and taught postgraduate students’ form). Forms must be signed by the principal investigator and faculty supervisor where relevant.
KBSREC is only accepting electronic submissions of research ethics application forms.
Forms should be emailed to KBSResearchEthics@ul.ie. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application at this point. This form must be submitted before the research begins.
The KBS Research Ethics Committee must be consulted about any research proposals which involve:
- Direct experimentation on individuals
- Surveys or questionnaires administered to individuals
- Use of data derived from individual records where individuals might be identified
Submission Deadlines for Autumn 2021:
- 7th September 2021
- 4th October 2021
- 1st November 2021
- 6th December 2021
Submission Deadlines for Spring 2022:
- 4th January 2022
- 7th February 2022
- 7th March 2022
- 4th April 2022
- 3rd May 2022
- 7th June 2022
- Dr Maria Lichrou, Chair, Department of Management & Marketing, Tel: +353-61-234661, Email: Maria.Lichrou@ul.ie, Room: KB2-18
- Rebecca Gachet, Research Administrator, Kemmy Business School, Tel: +353-61-202256, Email: Rebecca.Gachet@ul.ie, Room: S1-20
- Dr Marta Zieba, Department of Economics, Tel: +353-61-202213, Email: Marta.Zieba@ul.ie, Room: KB3-24
- Dr Sarah MacCurtain, Department of Work & Employment Studies, Tel: +353-61-213490, Email: Sarah.MacCurtain@ul.ie, Room: KB2-45
- Dr Annmarie Ryan, Department of Management & Marketing, Tel: +353-61-202215, Email: Annmarie.Ryan@ul.ie Room: KB2-42
- Dr John Heneghan, Department of Accounting & Finance, Tel: +353-61-213420, Email: John.Heneghan@ul.ie, Room: S1-04