The KBS Research Ethics Committee is charged by the University to consider the ethics of proposed research projects which will involve human subjects and to agree or not, as is the case, whether the projected research is ethical.
All applicants must complete the relevant KBSREC Research Ethics application form (either the Faculty and PhD students’ form or the FYP and taught postgraduate students’ form). Forms must be signed by the principal investigator and faculty supervisor where relevant.
KBSREC is only accepting electronic submissions of research ethics application forms.
Forms should be emailed to KBSResearchEthics@ul.ie. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application at this point. This form must be submitted before the research begins.
The KBS Research Ethics Committee must be consulted about any research proposals which involve:
- Direct experimentation on individuals
- Surveys or questionnaires administered to individuals
- Use of data derived from individual records where individuals might be identified
Submission Deadlines for Autumn 2020:
- 7th September 2020
- 5th October 2020
- 2nd November 2020
- 7th December 2020
Submission Deadlines for Spring 2021:
- 4th January 2021
- 1st February 2021
- 1st March 2021
- 6th April 2021
- 4th May 2021
- 8th June 2021
- Dr Maria Lichrou, Chair, Department of Management & Marketing, Tel: +353-61-234661, Email: Maria.Lichrou@ul.ie, Room: KB2-18
- Rebecca Gachet, Research Administrator, Kemmy Business School, Tel: +353-61-202256, Email: Rebecca.Gachet@ul.ie, Room: S1-20
- Dr Marta Zieba, Department of Economics, Tel: +353-61-202213, Email: Marta.Zieba@ul.ie, Room: KB3-24
- Dr Sarah MacCurtain, Department of Work & Employment Studies, Tel: +353-61-213490, Email: Sarah.MacCurtain@ul.ie, Room: KB2-45
- Dr Annmarie Ryan, Department of Management & Marketing, Tel: +353-61-202215, Email: Annmarie.Ryan@ul.ie Room: KB2-42
- Dr John Heneghan, Department of Accounting & Finance, Tel: +353-61-213420, Email: John.Heneghan@ul.ie, Room: S1-04