The KBS Research Ethics Committee is charged by the University to consider the ethics of proposed research projects which will involve human subjects and to agree or not, as is the case, whether the projected research is ethical.
All applicants must complete the relevant KBSREC Research Ethics application form (either the Faculty and PhD students’ form or the FYP and taught postgraduate students’ form). Forms must be signed by the principal investigator and faculty supervisor where relevant.
KBSREC is only accepting electronic submissions of research ethics application forms.
Forms should be emailed to KBSResearchEthics@ul.ie. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application at this point. This form must be submitted before the research begins.
The KBS Research Ethics Committee must be consulted about any research proposals which involve:
- Direct experimentation on individuals
- Surveys or questionnaires administered to individuals
- Use of data derived from individual records where individuals might be identified
Submission Deadlines for Autumn 2023:
- 4th September 2023
- 2nd October 2023
- 6th November 2023
- 4th December 2023
Submission Deadlines for Spring 2024:
- 3rd January 2024
- 6th February 2024
- 4th March 2024
- 2nd April 2024
- 7th May 2024
- 4th June 2024
- Dr Maria Lichrou, Chair, Department of Management & Marketing, Tel: +353-61-234661, Email: Maria.Lichrou@ul.ie, Room: KB2-18
- Rebecca Gachet, Research Administrator, Kemmy Business School, Tel: +353-61-202256, Email: Rebecca.Gachet@ul.ie, Room: S1-20
- Dr Tish Gibbons, Department of & Employment Studies, Email: Tish.Gibbons@ul.ie, Room: KB2-41
- Dr Annmarie Ryan, Department of Management & Marketing, Tel: +353-61-202215, Email: Annmarie.Ryan@ul.ie Room: KB2-42
- Dr John Heneghan, Department of Accounting & Finance, Tel: +353-61-213420, Email: John.Heneghan@ul.ie, Room: S1-04