Psychological Science in Business
The Psychological Science – Business (PS-B) brings together researchers from business and psychology who are interested in applying psychological principles to work contexts. The superordinate goal is to facilitate information exchange and collaboration amongst academics and researchers interested in applications of psychological science to work.
MEMBERS OF THE GROUP
KBS PhD Members
Ms Gemma McCarthy
Ms. Bernadette Naughton
Mr. Paolo Yaranon
Cross-departmental inter-disciplinary members
Dr. Eric R. Igou, Dept. of Psychology
- Alessandri, G., Truxillo, D., Tisak, J., Fagnani, C., & Borgogni, L. (in press). Within-individual age-related trends, cycles, and event-driven changes in job performance: A career-span perspective. Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Brady, G., Truxillo, D., Cadiz, D., Bodner, T., Rineer, J., & Caughlin, D. (in press). Opening the black box: Examining the nomological network of work ability and its role in organizational research. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Brossoit, R. M., Crain, T. L., Leslie, J. J., Hammer, L. B., Truxillo, D. M., & Bodner, T. E. (in press). The effects of sleep on workplace cognitive failure and safety. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology.
- Kmicinska, M., Zaniboni, M., Truxillo, D. M., Kahn, K., Paladino, P., & Fraccaroli, F. (in press). Will you still hire me when I am over 50? The effects of implicit and explicit age stereotyping on resume evaluations. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
- Molina, A. & O’Shea, D. (In press). Mindful emotion regulation, savouring and proactive behaviour: The role of supervisor justice. Applied Psychology: An International Review. https://doi.org/10.1111/apps.12206 Special issue on: When, why and for whom are job resources beneficial.
- Yaldiz, L., Cadiz. D., & Truxillo, D. M. (in press). Who benefits more? The moderating role of age on the relationship between work and person characteristics and employee attitudes and wellbeing. Occupational Health Science.
- Bryan, C., O’Shea, D. & MacIntyre, T. (2019). Stressing the relevance of resilience: A systematic review of resilience across the domains of sport and work. International Review of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 12(1), 70-111 doi: 10.1080/1750984X.2017.1381140
- Cadiz, D. M., Brady, G., Rineer, J. R., & Truxillo, D. M. (2019). A review and synthesis of the work ability literature. Work, Aging and Retirement, 5, 114-138.
- Fazi, L., Zaniboni, S., Estreder, Y., Truxillo, D., & Fraccaroli, F. (2019). The role of age in the relationship between work social characteristics and job attitudes. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 34, 77-95.
- Ellis, A. M., Bauer, T. N., Erdogan, B., & Truxillo, D. M. (2019). Daily perceptions of relationship quality with leaders: implications for follower well-being. Work & Stress, 33, 119-136.
- Garvey, J., Sirr, G., O’Brien, F. & O’Shea, D. (2019). Risk and Planning in Agriculture: How planning on dairy farms in Ireland is affected by farmer’s motivation. Risk Analysis: An International Journal, 39(7), 1491-1502. https://doi.org/10.1111/risa.13254
- Hammer, L. B., Truxillo, D. M., Bodner, T., Pytlovany, A., & Richman A. (2019). Exploration of the impact of organizational context on a workplace safety and health intervention. Work and Stress, 33, 192-210.
- Johnson, R. C., Eatough, E. M., Chang, C. H., Hammer, L. B., & Truxillo, D. M. (2019). Home is where the mind is: Family interference with work and safety performance in two high risk industries. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 110, 117-130.
- Sommovigo, V. Setti, I., Argentero, P. & O’Shea. D. (2019). The impact of customer incivility and verbal aggression on service providers: A systematic review. Work: A journal of prevention, assessment and rehabilitation, 62(1), pp. 59-86. DOI:10.3233/WOR-182842
- Sommovigo, V., Setti, I., O’Shea, D., & Argentero, P. (2019). Victimisation on the job: The influence of thefts and robberies on Irish and Italian employees and its relationship with psychosocial well-being. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health11(4), 653-666. https://doi.org/10.1080/17542863.2018.1505924
- Bauer, T. N., Truxillo, D. M., Jones, M., & Brady, G. (in press). Privacy and cybersecurity challenges, opportunities, and recommendations: Personnel selection in an era of online application systems and big data. In S.E. Woo, L. Tay, & R. Proctor, R. (Eds.), Big Data Methods for Psychological Research: New Horizons and Challenges. Washington, DC: APA Books.
- O’Shea, D., Yaranon, P. & Butler, C. (2020, forthcoming). Managing healthy workplaces. In R. Carbery & C. Cross (Eds.), Organisational Behaviour: A concise introduction (2nd Ed.). London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- O’Shea, D. & Murphy, K. R. (2020, forthcoming). Individual voice in informal and formal contexts in organizations. In A. Wilkinson, J. Donaghey, T. Dundon & R. B. Freeman (Eds.), Handbook of research on employee voice. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pearson, J. & Butler, C. (2020, forthcoming). Personality. In R. Carbery & C. Cross (Eds.), Organisational Behaviour: A concise introduction (2nd Ed.). London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Cadiz, D. M., Rineer, J. R., & Truxillo, D. M. (2019). Lifespan perspectives on job and work design. In B. Baltes, C. Rudolph, & H. Zacher, Work Across the Lifespan (pp. 263-290). Academic Press.
- Maher, P., O’Shea, D. & Igou, E. I. (2019). Social Cognition in the workplace: The future of research on the meaning of work. In K. O’Doherty & D. Hodgetts (Eds.), Handbook of Applied Social Psychology. Sage Publications.
- Nikolaou, I, Georgiou, K., Bauer, T. N., & Truxillo, D. M. (2019). Applicant reactions in employee recruitment and selection: The role of technology. R. Landers (Ed.) The Cambridge Handbook of Technology and Employee Behavior (pp. 100-130). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Steidle, Gonzalez-Morales, Hoppe, Michel & O’Shea – 2017 Best Paper in European Journal of Work and Organisational Psychology.
- Pearson, J. (2019). Recognition of Teaching Impact in the First Seven Weeks 2018: Small group teaching category, Centre for Teaching and Learning, University of Limerick, 11th September.