Research Application Process
Research applications are processed monthly and should be submitted to Johanna.Griffin@ul.ie by the deadline indicated in the attached document: Submission Deadline for Research Applications for a Masters or PhD
In order for an application to be processed the following forms are required:
- Research Postgraduate Application Form - signed by the student (section 20 – three signatures required), signed by the Supervisor(s) (Section 21), Signed by the Head of Department (Section 23) - Ensure that you are opening the form in an up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Please use this link to update the Adobe Acrobat Reader https://get.adobe.com/reader/ The form must be digitally signed please see instructions on how to create a digital signature at the following website https://www.ul.ie/gps/about/how-apply (under research degree programmes how to apply)
- Copies of degree certificates and English language competency to be included (where required)
- Proposed Research Programme – each section to be filled in and signed by the Supervisor(s) [IRC applicants just need to attach a copy of their IRC application as an appendix to the postgraduate application form].
- Postgraduate Agreement Form – to be signed by the Student and Head of Department (Full time students only)
- Financial Aid Form - to be signed by the Student, Supervisor and Budget Manager (If the supervisor is also the budget manager please sign in both places) Word version Here
- Scholarship Declaration Form – must accompany the Financial Aid Form if one is being submitted.