Our vision is to be internationally recognised as a centre of learning and research that advances knowledge, addresses contemporary social issues and improves people’s lives.
We are committed to providing an excellent undergraduate and postgraduate education and conducting world-class research. By placing a focus on contemporary social issues in our academic endeavours, our ultimate aim is to have a positive impact on people’s social and psychological wellbeing.
We are guided by the following core values: intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, compassion, collegiality, equality, a healthy working environment, community engagement, employability, and best practice.
- Conduct excellent research and build critical mass and capacity in our areas of research strength.
- Promote a vibrant learning environment that is characterised by research-led teaching and underpinned by employability.
- Promote internationalisation and diversity in our programmes and research.
- Consolidate existing and build new, long-lasting research communities among academics, practitioners, and students.
- Foster a working environment that supports the achievement of individual and collective goals and a healthy work-life balance.