This section of our website houses links to main web resources, documentation, and resources that may be of use to existing Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (BMBS) students as well as Paramedic students.
School of Medicine Exam Information
Results for the
- Autumn (Years 1, 2),
- Spring (Years 1, 2, 3 and 4), and
- Repeat exams (all years, where applicable)
will be available after each Semester's exams on the University's Student Portal site:
- Student Portal -
- Specific Medical School release dates are available on the UL Academic Calendar.
Autumn Semester Results (applies to Years 1 and 2 only)
For Autumn Semester Results in Years 1 and 2, please remember that Holding Grades (M) are released via the Student Portal Site to all students of the BMBS; final grades for the academic year will be available at the end of Spring Semester exams. However, the School of Medicine will release intermediate (Autumn) results via SULIS to Years 1 and 2 of the programme in January (see Academic Calendar for specific Medical School dates) - please note that these results will not have been ratified as the Knowledge of Health and Illness (KHI) module is not complete at that point in the academic year. The final results for KHI will not be available until after the June (Spring) exams, when results for all completed modules will be released.
Spring Semester Results (applies to Years 1, 2, 3 and 4)
Spring Semester Results are released to Year 4 students earlier than to students in Years 1, 2 and 3 - this is to facilitate the Internship Network process which requires graduating results by mid May.
As outlined above, these will be released to students via the UL Student Administration Portal (listing results as they will display on UL transcripts) as per the Academic Calendar date.
Results for the Repeat exams (all years, where applicable) will be available on the University's UL Student Administration Portal site - specific Medical School release dates are available on the UL Academic Calendar.
School of Medicine Distinction Criteria
A breakdown of the School of Medicine Distinction Criteria that is effective from Academic Year 2012/13 is available here.
Results for the Autumn and Spring exams will be available after each Semester's exams on the University's Student Administration Portal site. Release dates for results are available the UL Academic Calendar.
Results for repeat exams will be available on the University's UL Student Administration Portal site. Release dates for results are available on the UL Academic Calendar.
Resources & Systems
- SULIS (Learning Management System - for both BMBS students and BSc Paramedic students)
- Scheduler (For both BMBS student and BSc Paramedic students)
- Lab Booking System
Students are asked to familiarise themselves with the BMBS Fitness to Practice Standards prior to commencing hospital or GP placements.
Current students should also refer to SULIS for additional and in-house policies and procedures.
Health & Safety
- School of Medicine Departmental Safety Statement
- School of Medicine Emergency Plan
- Waste Disposal Procedure
- Clinical Skills Education Unit Health and Safety Guidelines
- Laboratory Rules
- Lab Booking System
e-Learning Resources - Anatomical Skills
- Anatomy e-Learning Resources
- Visual Histology - Available through BMBS e-Learning Site on Sulis
- Blue Histology
- Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy (You must connect to the UL VPN)
- Anatomy TV
- Instant Anatomy Online
- Surface Anatomy
- Anatomy & Physiology Revealed
- Anatomical Society e-Learning Resources
e-Learning Resources - Clinical/Communication Skills
- Communication Skills Video Module - Available through BMBS e-Learning Site on Sulis
- Bates Guide to Physical Examination - Available through BMBS e-Learning Site on Sulis
- Lab AV System User Guide
- Lab AV System Media Server
Find all your needs at the Current Student pages
Other relevant resources: