The attached three documents shown on the left of the screen are ethics documents. The purpose of these documents is to explain what exactly the Irish Travellers'/Mincéirs' Access to Justice project is about and which researchers and organisations are taking part in the project. They also explain what your role in the project would be, as well as how your rights and data and your information will be protected if you choose to take part in this project. Your identity will be anonymous and pseudonyms will be used.
- Information About the Project: The aim of the information letter is to help you understand what the basis and goals of the ITAJ project are, how the research process will be carried out, as well as who exactly is taking part in the project.
- Research Privacy: The purpose of the research privacy notice is to explain how the University of Limerick plans to both use and process any data collected about you during the research process. This document will also explain the type of data that may be recorded and how this recorded data will be protected. It will also cover what rights you have over your personal data.
- Consent Information: This document covers the questions you will be asked to answer verbally before your interview. This is done to ensure you understand both your role in the project and your rights as a participant. You have the right to pull out of the project at any time, and the right to refuse to answer any questions you may be uncomfortable with. You have the right to retract any answers that you may not be comfortable with at any time.
If you have any questions about any of the attached forms or what exactly the project is about, you can contact any of the four project researchers listed below. Whether or not you decide to take part in the project, please feel free to ask about any queries or concerns.
We can be reached by email at ITAJ@ul.ie, or by the phone numbers listed below:
- Amanda Haynes: 086-083-7991
- Jennifer Schweppe: 086 083-7989
- Sindy Joyce: 086-083-7992
- Margaret O'Brien: 086-013-8840
- Olive O'Reilly: 086-083-7995