UL Virtual Careers Fair
The UL Graduate Careers Fair 2020 will be hosted online on Thursday 08 October 2020. The Fair will be open to students from 12 to 4pm.
N.B You must upload your CV when registering for the Fair.
Register here in three easy steps: https://limerick.graduateland.com/events
Step1: Create an initial profile and include the following details:
- Your name, email and create a password
- Where you’re from
- Your native language and any other languages you speak
- Your Skills
- Level of Education
- Date of Graduation – year and month
- What kind of job do you want? (full time, graduate programme, freelance, voluntary work etc.).
- Your Primary Interests (Accounting, Mechanical Engineering, Politics, Health and Medicine, Social Care etc.)
- Location of where you’d like to work, including remote work
- Select email notifications regarding job alerts
Step 2: Complete your profile and include the following:
- A headline
- A summary presenting your career goals, skills and experience to potential employers.
- Add your Education details (can add more than one)
- Add work experience (can add more than one)
- Add your skills
- Add details of exchange abroad experience
- Add languages you speak (native language and other languages (professional level)
- Complete your profile and by including a photo (optional), demographic info (DOB, gender, phone number)
Step 3: Upload your CV
Registration is complete. You can view and edit your public profile before the Fair
- You can also view emails and notifications from employers attending the Fair through this account.
The UL Careers Fair gives you the opportunity to:
- Make personal contact with leading graduate employers
- Find out what opportunities are available, what skills employers are looking for, and how to impress on your application form/CV and at interview
- Update yourself on employment trends, salary levels and training opportunities
- Decide which organisations you would like to join.
To make the best of this opportunity, you will need to be prepared. Few employers will offer you a job on the spot, but if you make the right impression, this will be to your advantage at the interview stage. Here are some tips to help you on the day:
- Do some research on companies in advance. Read the entries in this publication, check the websites, and make a list of those that interest you.
- Find careers seminars and employers by searching www.careersconnect.ul.ie
- For help in preparing a CV or online application, attend the workshop on Applications and Interviews.
- Be prepared with a brief introductory sentence for each employer. Relate your degree to their opportunities.
- Ask specific questions about the organisation and career opportunities.
- Broaden your focus to include the less well-known organisations, as they often have very challenging opportunities to offer.
The UL Virtual Careers Fair is an ideal opportunity to make contact with a significant number of employers who have real jobs to offer. By preparing for the event, you stand a better chance of using the time and opportunity effectively. Know what you want from the Fair, know what you have to offer, and be prepared to consider everything. This is your chance to make some useful contacts and see what opportunities are out there ... SO DON’T MISS OUT!