Mr Mohana's Ph.D. research work involves design, synthesis and characterization of novel porous Metal Organic materials (MOMs) via a crystal engineering-based approach. Research activities have focused on in-situ characterization of porous materials for better understanding of their structural dynamics which undergo either breathing and switching phenomena upon various stimuli. Mainly focused on improving the working capacity of adsorbed nature gas (ANG, clean energy) for safe storage/delivery, also includes medicinal gases such as NO, O2 etc. Further, generate benchmark materials for industrially important gas mixture separations for example, C2H2/C2H4, C2H4/C2H6, C2H2/CO2. This new approach to gas storage/separations will address the large energy footprint, cost and/or risk associated with existing technologies.
- Shivanna, M., Yang, Q-Y., Bajpai, A., Sen, S., Hosono, N., Kusaka, S., Pham, T., Forrest, A. K., Space, B., Kitagawa, S., Zaworotko, M. “Readily accessible shape memory effect in a porous interpenetrated coordination network”
- Science Advances, 2018, 4, eaaq 1636. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aaq1636
- Shivanna, M., Yang, Q-Y. Bajpai, A. Kazmierczak, P. E. and Zaworotko, M. J.
“A dynamic and multi-responsive porous flexible metal–organic material“
Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 3080. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-05503-y
- Yang, Q-Y., Lama, P., Sen, S., Lusi, M., Chen, K-J., Gao, W. Y., Shivanna, M., Pham, T., Hosono, N., Kusaka, S., Perry IV, J. J., Ma, S., Space, B., Barbour, L. J., Kitagawa, S., Zaworotko, M. J.,
“Reversible switching between highly porous and non-porous phases of an interpenetrated diamondoid coordination network that exhibits gate-opening at methane storage pressures”
Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2018, 57, 5684-5689. DOI: 10.1002/ange.201800820R1
- Zhu, A-X., Yang, Q-Y., Amrit, K., Clare, C., Mukherjee, S., Chen, Kai-Jie., Wang, S-Q., O’Nolan, D., Shivanna, M.,Zaworotko, M. J. “A coordination network that reversibly switches between two non-porous polymorphs and a high surface area porous phase”
Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2018, 140, 15572−15576. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b08642
- Wang, S-Q., Yang, Q-Y., Mukherjee, S., O’Nolan,
D., PatykKaźmierczak, E., Chen, K-J., Shivanna,
M., Murray, C., Tang C. C., Zaworotko M. J.,
“Recyclable switching between nonporous and porous phases of a square lattice (sql) topology coordination network”
Chemical Communications, 2018, 54, 7042-7045. DOI: 10.1039/C8CC03838D
- Scott, H. S., Shivanna, M., Bajpai, A., Madden, D. G., Chen, K-J, Pham, T., Forrest, K. A., Hogan, A., Space, B., Perry, J.J. IV, Zaworotko, M. J.
“Highly Selective Separation of C2H2 from CO2 by a New Dichromate-Based Hybrid Ultramicroporous Material.”
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9, 33395-33400. DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b15250
- Scott, H. S., Shivanna, M., Bajpai, A., Madden, D. G., Chen, K-J., Perry, J.J. IV., Zaworotko, M. J.
“Enhanced Stability toward Humidity in a Family of Hybrid Ultramicroporous Materials Incorporating Cr2O72−Pillars”
Crystal Growth & Design, 2017, 17, 1933-1937. DOI: 10.1021/acs.cgd.6b01881
- Sushrutha, S. R., Shivanna, M., Pal, S., Natarajan, S.
“Solvent Dependent Delamination, Restacking and Ferroelectric Behaviour in a New Charge-Separated Two-dimensional Compound: [NH4][Ag3(C9 H5 NO4 S)2(C13H14 N2 )2].8H2O”
Chemistry–An Asian Journal, 2017, 12, 101-109.DOI : 10.1002/asia.201601382