Krishna Sumanth Peraka is currently a Postdoc in Professor Mike Zaworotko’s Crystal Engineering Research group at University of Limerick, Ireland. He finished his Ph.D. at University of Limerick in September 2014. He has more than 8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in generic and pre-formulation companies in India. He has a broad research interest in cocrystallisation of API and its process development, solid-state characterization and formulation of drug substances. His current research involves crystal engineering of ionic cocrystals, with a particular emphasis on design and synthesis of novel, high-value molecules and polymers of natural products (multi-component pharmaceutical materials – MPMs). His scientific publications involve 5 patents, 2 international journals, and one RSC book chapter.
- Krishna S. Peraka, Bhattacharya, S. & Zaworotko, M. J. The Role of Hydrogen Bonding in Co-crystals. Co-crystals: Preparation, Characterization and Applications 24, 33 (2018)
- Krishna S. Peraka, Matteo Lusi, Alankriti Bajpai and Michael J. Zaworotko. Crystal Engineering Approach to Generate Crystalline Inclusion Compounds in Which 5-Hydroxyisophthalic Acid Serves as a Host. Cryst. Growth Des. 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.cgd.6b01904.
- EP 3239155 A1: Crystal form comprising lithium ions, pharmaceutical compositions thereof, methods for preparation and their uses for the treatment of depressive disease. Zaworotko Michael, Krishna Peraka, Perry Miranda, Carneiro Renato Lajarim, Duggirala Naga, O’Nolan Dan, (University of Limerick., Limerick, Ireland). Publication date: January 11, 2017.
- WO 2014/147641 A3: Satyannarayan Chava, Seeta Ramanjaneyulu Gorantla, Peraka Krishna Sumanth, Ashwini Nangia. Sitagliptin pterostilbene phosphate salt, process for the preparation and pharmaceutical composition thereof. (LAURUS Labs Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India). Publication date: September 25, 2014.
- US 9895377 B2. Seeta Ramanjaneyulu Gorantla, Peraka Krishna Sumanth, Ashwini Nangia. Udaya Bhaskara Rao Khandavilli. Solid Forms of Tyrosine kinase inhibitors, process for the preparation and their pharmaceutical composition thereof. International Publication number. (LAURUS Labs Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India). Date of Patent: February 20, 2018.
- WO/2011/158255 A1. Simhadri Srinivas, Peraka Krishna Sumanth, Ashwini Nangia. Process for preparation of stable Imatinib mesylate alpha form. (LAURUS Labs Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India). Publication date: December 22, 2011.
- US8129536 B2. Arulmoli Thangavel,Rao Siripragada Mahender, Peraka Krishna Sumanth, Selvan Ariyamuthu Sundara. A method for the purification of Lansoprazole. (ORCHID CHEMICALS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD., Chennai, India). Date of Patent: March 06, 2012.
- AAPS PharmSciTech, Vol. 14, No. 2, June 2013, (558-568):”Concomitant Pseudopolymorphs of 10-Deacetyl Baccatin III” Lakshmi Kumar Tatini, N. Someswara Rao, Muzaffar Khan, Krishna Sumanth Peraka and K. V. S. R. Krishna Reddy.