We are currently planning our next Junior Health Sciences Academy Early Careers Event for January/February 2024.....
This year's Junior Health Sciences Academy Early Careers Event was held on Tuesday the 28th February 2023.
Watch the recording below:
What was it?
This was a virtual live event hosted by the Health Sciences Academy in conjunction with Limerick & Clare Education & Training Board and Limerick Education Support Centre. It aims to provide information on careers and programmes of study in health. It was the 3rd year hosting this successful event.
It showcased healthcare as an option for further study and career opportunities.
Building on the success of the past 2 years, and incorporating feedback from students, we have
created this event to be as informative and interactive as possible.
Who was it for?
It was for Transition Year students who are curious to learn more about a career in healthcare, business in health and studying health sciences in University of Limerick.
What did students learn?
Students heard from
• Guest speakers including patient perspectives who shared the role that healthcare professionals have had in their careers
• Healthcare staff working in hospital and community settings, sharing their career journey
• Students from University of Limerick who are studying health sciences (nursing, midwifery, medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, human nutrition & dietetics, psychology and paramedic studies) and business.
• University of Limerick staff gave advice on programmes
• Business in Healthcare professionals working in human resources and operational services
Watch Early Careers Event 2023 Recording HERE