Twice a year, students in Transition Year in schools across the Mid-West, who are interested in a career in health sciences, are invited to attend an ‘Early Careers’ programme. This programme will run for three days, and is based at both University of Limerick and University Hospital Limerick.
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Explore the University campus and the Clinical Education & Research Centre at the hospital
- Join in the interactive learning technology, labs and clinical skills areas
- Understand the various health sciences courses, requirements and content
- Hear from patients, clinical staff, students and lecturers about their roles and journey
- Learn foundation clinical skills and how to address key health challenges in Ireland today
- Be a champion for health promotion in their own school
In the University of Limerick, the courses offered at undergraduate level are:
At postgraduate level, there are numerous programmes to support students on the chosen career:
This programme will commence in Autumn 2020. To register your interest, please email email@example.com.