What is it?
The University of Sanctuary Scholarship provides tuition fee waivers (i.e. no fees) to first-time higher education applicants who identify as a refugee, asylum seeker or a person in a refugee-like situation as defined by the UNHCR 1951 Refugee Convention.
Who should apply?
- Individuals who have applied through the CAO to any full-time undergraduate programme in UL as a Leaving Certificate, QQI or Mature Student applicant.
- Asylum Seekers who have applied for the Mature Student Access Certificate in UL.
Eligibility criteria and the selection process
Before making an application for a Scholarship please ensure that you meet our eligibility criteria as follows, and be able to prove that:
- You are an international protection applicant, or a person granted international protection i.e. an asylum seeker, refugee, or person who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status
- You have applied through the CAO for a place on a full-time undergraduate course in UL as a Leaving Certificate, QQI or Mature Student applicant or have applied for the Mature Student Access Certificate in UL.
- You are not currently eligible for ‘free fees’ for a full-time undergraduate course or for a SUSI fee grant
The 2022/23 University of Sanctuary application is an online application. All relevant supporting documentation should be uploaded alongside the online application.
If you have any questions about whether or not you should apply for a scholarship, please contact: ULSanctuary@ul.ie
The deadline for the 2022/23 academic year is 16:00 May 31 2022.