Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are studying at the University of Limerick may be eligible for loans funded by the Government of Canada under the Canadian Student Loan Program.

The Canadian Student Loan Program provides loans and grants to eligible full and part-time students with demonstrated financial need with the exception of students who are residents of Quebec, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.

These provinces and territories have their own student financial assistance programs.


Canadian Student Loans

Application forms are available through your provincial or territorial student financial assistance office. After you have completed and signed all the necessary documents, these can be forwarded to your provincial or territorial student financial assistance office.

For further information please visit the Canadian Student Aid website.

If you need any loan forms signed (i.e., enrolment verification, programme information forms, etc.) please contact

Many of the larger banks in Canada offer lines of credit to study outside of Canada. Please ask your bank if they have an educational line of credit. UL Global can provide documentation of student status to a bank in Canada upon request from the student.

Canadian students that need a TL11a tax form completed please contact with your name and UL student ID number and attach the relevant tax form to the email.