Management and Marketing Enterprise and Community Engagement
Members of the department recognise the importance and value of working collaboratively with a strong network of partners in the businesses, government and community arenas across the region, nationally and internationally. These collaborations build partnerships and dialogue in the marketing, entrepreneurship, social enterprise, strategy, leadership, change management and information management domains integrating teaching, research and practice.
The outreach initiatives connect with entrepreneurs, SME’s, large organisations, policy makers, secondary schools, professional bodies, and voluntary organisations to co-create and exchange knowledge to deliver sustainable social, cultural and economic impact across our communities and international partners.
In addition to faculty and researcher engagement, students engage with local companies and communities through student projects which are embedded into their curricula integrating academic rigor within a practice-based real-world context.
We have an active panel of business and community associates who provide guest lectures, offer company visits and provide in-company projects.
Outreach initiatives are offered across the following:
- Knowledge co-production and transfer partnerships
- Mentoring and Consultancy – bringing independent and knowledgeable perspective to solve business challenges
- Policy Development – participate and inform policy design and development
- Research and funding partnerships – building evidence base to inform policy and practice
- Engagement with secondary schools - provision of Entrepreneurship Bootcamps for Second level schools and teachers
- Student Societies and Clubs