The Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2022 is now open with the applicant deadline on 16.00 (Irish time) on the 21st October 2021 (see below for key dates).
Success in securing these prestigious awards can be significantly increased by taking a strategic approach to writing the proposal.
With this in mind, we are holding an online IRC Workshop, where previously successful applicants and supervisors will share their experiences of crafting high quality proposals. The Graduate School will also present key details of the scholarship scheme – vital information if you are considering an application.
- Where: MS Teams (Link will be sent to participants)
- When: Tuesday October 5th @ 14:00-15:30
- 14:00-14:05 – Welcome, Prof Jeff Punch, Assistant Dean for Research, Science & Engineering
- 14.05-14.45 – Michael Frain, Graduate & Professional Studies, information on applying for the IRC.
- 14:45-15:05 – Dr John Mulvihill, School of Engineering – a supervisor’s perspective
- 15:05-15:20 – Armin Straube, Library – data management
- 15:20-15:30 – Q&A session
If you are interested in participating, please email Johanna Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday October 1st
|Publication of call documentation and indicative forms||Mid-August 2021|
|Call opens||2 September 2021|
|FAQ deadline||14 October 2021|
|Applicant deadline||21 October 2021|
|Supervisor, mentor and referee deadline||4 November 2021|
|Research office endorsement deadline||18 November 2021|
|Call outcome||End of March 2022|
|Award start date||1 September 2022|