Dr. Julia Bruno-Colmenarez was born in Yaracuy-Venezuela. She completed her B.Sc and doctoral studies at the Universidad of Los Andes-Venezuela under the supervision of Dr. Graciela Diaz-Delgado and her thesis research was focused on the crystallographic study of natural products isolated from plants natives of Venezuelan Andes. Later she joined at Venezuelan Institute of Scientific Research (IVIC) specifically at Laboratory of Materials for Emerging Technologies with Dr. Reinaldo Atencio. She was in charge of a single crystal X-ray diffractometer at the Zulian Institute of Technological Research (INZIT), Instructor in the Rigaku-Dectris OpenLab at the Industrial University of Santander, Bucaramanga, Colombia in 2014 and she has collaborated in lectures of powder and single crystal diffraction at IVIC. She is currently a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Crystal Engineering Research Group led by Dr. Michael Zaworotko at the University of Limerick and her current research project is the study of cocrystals.
1. R. Toro, J. Bruno-Colmenárez, G. Díaz de Delgado, and J.M. Delgado. “The structural characterization of a new form of clenbuterol, a well- known decongestant and bronchodilator also used as a performance-enhancing drug.” Powder Diffraction 28 (2), 63-67, 2013.
2. Miguel Morales-Toyo, Ysaías J. Alvarado, Jelen Restrepo, Luis Seijas, Reinaldo Atencio and Julia Bruno-Colmenárez. “Synthesis, Crystal Structure Analysis, Small Cluster Geometries and Energy Study of (E)-Ethyl-4-(2-(thiofen-2-ylmethylene) hydrazinyl)benzoate.” Journal of Chemical Crystallography, 43: 544 –549, 2013.
3. Bruno-Colmenarez, J; Atencio, R; Quintero, M; Seijas, L; Almeida, R; Rincón, L. “Crystal structure analysis and topological study of non-covalent interactions in 2, 2 bi-imidazole:salicylic acid 2:1 co-crystal” Journal of Chemical Crystallography. Vol. 47; 47-60, 2017.
4. Julia Bruno-Colmenarez, Juan M. Amaro-Luis, José Miguel Delgado and Graciela Diaz de Delgado. “X-ray diffraction powder data of Ambroperuvin, a new pseudoguaianolide from Ambrosia peruviana.” Powder Diffraction. Vol 32, (3), 200-202, 2017.
5. Miguel Morales-Toyo, Christopher Glidewell, Julia Bruno-Colmenares, Néstor Cubillán, Ronald Sánchez-Colls, Ysaias Alvarado, Jelen Restrepo. "Synthesis of (E)Ethyl-4-(2-(furan-2-ylmethylene)hydrazinyl)benzoate, crystal structure, and studies of its interactions with human serum albumin by spectroscopic fluorescence and molecular docking methods." Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy Vol 216; 375–384, 2019.