Why do a Summer School Programme in Ireland?
Ireland offers the perfect balance of urban and rural with modern city living and traditional villages. So why should you Study Abroad in Ireland?
- Known as the “Emerald Isle”, this country garnered that nickname as a result of its beautiful greenery which can be seen in pretty much every part of the country!
- Irish people are famous for their hospitality and friendliness.
- The Irish education system is ranked among the top 20 in Europe and been a key factor in the rise to the top of the fastest growing economies in the world list.
- Easy access to other European countries.
- Many famous brands such as Apple, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc., choose Ireland for centre of European operations.
UL Summer School Programme Highlights
Looking for an inspiring, confidence-boosting and life-changing experience? Our long-established Summer School 3-week Programme has many exciting opportunities for you, our students, who choose UL for their Summer School Experience!
Our Summer School Fee is €2950.00 and includes the following:
- Tuition fee for the academic module of your choice. (Link to SS module choice)
- A unique immersive academic and cultural experience, with the opportunity to pursue your academic interests.
- Tailored Orientation Programme: Focusing on helping students settle and adjust to their new home.
- Campus Based University: All housing and academic facilities are located on a beautiful 300-acre campus. UL campus has many facilities including 8 restaurants, several bars, a Spar shop and 10 cafes including Starbucks and Costa Coffee.
- Integrated Living: Guaranteed on-campus accommodation living with other international students in one of the eight purpose-built student villages.
- Prime Location: UL is the perfect base for exploring all of Ireland being 2 hours from Dublin, 1 hour from Cork, and Galway, and one hour from the Irelands Wild Atlantic Way award-winning coastal driving route.
- Opportunity to explore Ireland with cultural and historical field trips.
- A social programme including welcome reception, social events and traditional Irish music and dancing.
- Airport transfers from Shannon Airport to our UL campus.
- Sporting Campus: World-class sporting facilities, including an Olympic-sized swimming pool, riverside running paths, gym, outdoor playing pitches- all our Summer School students have free gym membership!
- Membership to our UL Sports facilities.
- Excursions: You will have the opportunity to experience excursions and a farewell BBQ.
- Transcript: Your official UL transcript will be sent to your home University.
Why do a Summer School Programme at UL?
Established in 1972, the University of Limerick (UL) is an independent, internationally focused university with over 16,500 students and approximately 1,700 staff. Ranked as one of the top 100 Young Universities of the World according to Times Higher Education, UL is a young, energetic and enterprising university with a proud record of innovation in education and excellence in research and scholarship.
- UL offers programmes across a wide range of disciplines, including arts, business, engineering and construction, health and medicine, information and communication technology, law, mathematics, and natural sciences.
- A University of ‘Firsts’, UL prides itself on being ahead of many of Ireland’s third-level institutions in securing unique education and training facilities for all students.
- University of Limerick has achieved the highest possible standard in the new QS Stars Rating System, placing UL globally in the top two per cent of all universities. UL is the only university in Ireland to achieve this in 2021.
- University of Limerick has improved its position in the 2020 UI Green Metric World University Rankings. UL has climbed to 17th out of over 900 universities worldwide in the rankings, which measure each participating university’s commitment to an environmentally friendly future.
- Top 150 Young Universities in the Times Higher Education World Ranking 2020.
- Irish University of the Year 2019
- Highest Employability in Ireland, Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- Ranked #1 in Ireland for Student-Employer Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
If you would like to find out more about UL, just click here.
Why do a Summer School Programme in Limerick?
Limerick is the third largest city in the Republic of Ireland, with a population of over 100,000. Founded by the Vikings in the 9th century, it is one of Ireland’s oldest cities.
- Sitting on the banks of the picturesque River Shannon, Limerick is a vibrant city boasting a rich culture. Whether you are diving into Limerick’s ancient history or enjoying its selection of bustling pubs, cafes and restaurants, Limerick is sure to win you over.
- When you arrive, be sure to explore the breath-taking landscapes and scenic villages of county Limerick, or take a day-trip along the iconic wild Atlantic way.
- Limerick’s Mid-Western location makes it a perfect gateway to exploring the rest of Ireland and Europe. Limerick has regular transport services to Cork, Galway and Dublin. Or, if you feel like going further afoot, Limerick city is located just 20km from Shannon Airport with regular flights to European cities.
- There are direct connections between Shannon Airport (SNN) and major cities in the USA, UK and Europe.
- Limerick is renowned as a centre of excellence for technology. It is home to the National Technology Park and to many international electronics and technology firms.
- Limerick offers its visitors an extensive range of attractions, museums and art galleries. For sporting enthusiasts, Limerick offers a wide range of sports, from Gaelic games (hurling and football) to the city’s favourite sport, rugby.
- Limerick and the University of Limerick are home to Coaching Ireland and to the University Arena, which houses Ireland’s first 50-metre Olympic swimming pool.
- Limerick is a cosmopolitan city with a unique rural charm – making it a popular choice for both Irish and international students. It is a very multicultural, friendly and safe city.
If you would like to find out more about Limerick, just click here
We love to hear feedback from our Summer School students about their time in UL and Ireland! You can see below what our students enjoyed most about the programme.
See more student testimonialsSee more