Dr. Renato Lajarim Carneiro is Professor of Analytical Chemistry in the Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar), Brazil, and currently he is performing his postdoctoral studies at the University of Limerick. He was born in the south of Brazil in 1982 and received his B.Sc. degree in Chemistry/Chemical Technology from State University of Londrina in 2004.
He received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Analytical Chemistry, with emphasis in Chemometrics, from State University of Campinas in 2007 and 2010, respectively, under supervision of Prof. Ronei Poppi. During his master’s, he stayed for six months in the CISC - Barcelona, under supervision of Prof. Romà Tauler.
From 2008 to 2010 he worked as a researcher in the EMS Pharmaceutical, where his work involved preformulation studies, characterization of degradation products by LC-MS, development of multivariate analytical methods using NIR and Raman spectroscopies and process analytical technology (PAT).
Since 2010 he is Professor of Analytical Chemistry in the Federal University of São Carlos, where he advises four Ph.D. and three M.Sc. students. He is co-author of 20 peer-reviewed publications where chemometric tools were applied in various fields of analytical chemistry.
Current research interests include in-situ monitoring of crystallization processes, development of analytical methods to quantify mixtures of pharmaceutical polymorphs and cocrystals, Surface Enhanced Raman Spectrocopy (SERS) applied to Analytical Chemistry and development of fingerprints of phytotherapeutics. He has experience in vibrational spectroscopy, thermal analysis and liquid chromatography, using Matlab programming for data mining and chemometrics.
1. Funari, C.S.; Carneiro, R.L.; Cavalheiro, A.J.; Hilder, E.F.. A trade off between separation, detection and sustainability in liquid chromatographic fingerprinting. Journal of Chromatography A. Accepted, 2014.
2. Sallum, L.F.; Ardila, J.A.; Soares, F.L.F.; Carneiro, R.L.. Determination of acetylsalicylic acid in commercial tablets by SERS using silver nanoparticle-coated filter paper. Spectrochimica Acta. Part A, Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. Accepted, 2014.
3. Rodriguez-Zuniga, U.F.; Farinas, C.S.; Carneiro, R.L.; Silva, G.M.; Cruz, A.J.G.; Giordano, R.L.C.; Giordano, R.C.; Ribeiro, M.P.A.. Fast Determination of the composition ofpretreated sugarcane bagasse using Near-Infrared spectroscopy. BioEnergy Research.Accepted, 2014.
4. Sallum, L.F.; Ardila, J.A.; Soares, F.L.F.; Carneiro, R.L.. Optimization of SERS scattering by Ag-NPs-coated filter paper for quantification of nicotinamide in a cosmetic formulation. Talanta, v. 118, p. 353-358, 2014.
5. Leme, A.B.P.; Bianchi, S.R. ; Carneiro, R.L.; Nogueira, A.R.A.. Optimization of Sample Preparation in the Determination of Minerals and Trace Elements in Honey by ICP-MS. Food Analytical Methods, v. 7, p. 1009-1015, 2014.
6. Farias, M.A.S.; Carneiro, R.L.. Simultaneous Quantification of Three Polymorphic Forms of Carbamazepine Using Raman Spectroscopy and Multivariate Calibration. Analytical Letters, v. 47, p. 1044-1051, 2014.
7. Funari, C.S.; Carneiro, R.L.; Andrade, A.M.; Hilder, E.F.; Cavalheiro, A.J.. Green chromatographic fingerprinting: An environmentally friendly approach for the development of separation methods for fingerprinting complex matrices. Journal of Separation Science, v. 37, p. 37-44, 2014.
8. Sousa, D.N.R.; Mozeto, A.A.; Carneiro, R.L.; Fadini, P.S.. Electrical conductivity and emerging contaminant as markers of surface freshwater contamination by wastewater. Science of the Total Environment, v. 484, p. 19-26, 2014.
9. Soares, F.L.F.; Carneiro, R.L.. Evaluation of Analytical Tools and Multivariate Methods for Quantification of Co-former crystals in Ibuprofen-Nicotinamide co-crystals. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, v. 89, p. 166-175, 2014.
10. Colombo, R.; Ferreira, T.C.R.; Alves, S.A.; Carneiro, R.L.; Lanza, M.R.. Application of the response surface and desirability design to the Lambda-cyhalothrin degradation using photo-Fenton reaction. Journal of Environmental Management, v. 118, p. 32-39, 2013.
11. Soares, F.L.F.; Carneiro, R.L.. Green Synthesis of Ibuprofen-Nicotinamide Cocrystals and In-Line Evaluation by Raman Spectroscopy. Crystal Growth & Design, v. 13, p. 1510-1517, 2013.
12. Pilon, A.C.; Carneiro, R.L.; Carnevale-Neto, F.; Bolzani, V.S.; Castro-Gamboa, I.. Interval Multivariate Curve Resolution in the Dereplication of HPLC-DAD Data from Jatropha gossypifolia. Phytochemical Analysis, v. 24, p. 401-406, 2013.
13. Carneiro, R.L.; Poppi, R.J.. Infrared imaging spectroscopy and chemometric tools for in situ analysis of an Imiquimod pharmaceutical preparation presented as cream. Spectrochimica Acta. Part A, Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, v. 118, p. 2015-2020, 2013.