Dr. Mohamed Alkordi is a founding faculty and an associate professor at Zewail City of Science and Technology in Egypt. She was born in Egypt, in 1980 and received his B.Sc. (2005), degree from Alexandria University, Alexandria, Poland.
He then travelled to USA for his doctoral work, supervised by Prof. Mohamed Eddaoudi working on Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs) towards their applications in heterogeneous catalysis and gas sorption. He then moved to King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) as a postdoctoral fellow from 2010 till 2012.
His current research activities are focused on heterogeneous catalysis utilizing fine-tuned MOFs as active elements or as precursors for the active catalyst. He is also interested in Porous-Organic Polymers for gas uptake and electrochemical catalysis.
- Alkordi, M. H.; Liu, Y.; Larsen, R. W.; Eubank, J. F.; Eddaoudi, M., Zeolite-like metal−organic frameworks as platforms for applications: on metalloporphyrin-based catalysts. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2008,130 (38), 12639-12641.
- Alkordi, M. H.; Belof, J. L.; Rivera, E.; Wojtas, L.; Eddaoudi, M., Insight into the construction of metal–organic polyhedra: metal–organic cubes as a case study. Chemical Science 2011, 2 (9), 1695-1705.
- Guillerm, V.; Weseliński, Ł. J.; Alkordi, M.; Mohideen, M. I. H.; Belmabkhout, Y.; Cairns, A. J.; Eddaoudi, M., Porous organic polymers with anchored aldehydes: a new platform for post-synthetic amine functionalization en route for enhanced CO 2 adsorption properties. Chemical Communications 2014, 50 (16), 1937-1940.
- Alkordi, M. H.; Weseliński, Ł.; D’Elia, V.; Barman, S.; Cadiau, A.; Hedhili, M. N.; Cairns, A. J.; Abdulhalim, R.; Basset, J-M.; Eddaoudi, M. CO2 conversion: the potential of porous-organic polymers (POPs) for catalytic CO2–epoxide insertion. J. Mat. Chem. A, 2016,4, 7453-7460.
- Alkordi, M. H.*; Haikal, R. R.; Hassan, Y. S.; Emwas, A.-H.; Belmabkhout, Y., Poly-functional porous-organic polymers to access functionality–CO2 sorption energetic relationships. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015, 3, 22584-22590.
- Rana R. Haikal, Xia Wang, Youssef S. Hassan, Manas R. Parida, Banavoth Murali, Omar F. Mohammed, Perry J. Pellechia, Marc Fontecave, and Mohamed H. Alkordi *. Porous-Hybrid Polymers as Platforms for Heterogeneous Photochemical Catalysis. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8 (31), pp 19994–20002, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b05031.
- Ahmed B. Soliman, Rana R. Haikal, Arwa Abugable, Mohamed H. Hassan, Stavros G. Karakalos, Perry J. Pellechia, Hamdy H. Hassan,* Magdi H. Yacoub,* and Mohamed H. Alkordi*. Tailoring the oxygen reduction activity of hemoglobin through immobilization within microporous organic polymer‒Graphene composite. ACS applied materials and interfaces, June 2017.