Dr. Suresh Sanda was born in Telangana, India．He was educated in Kodad, Telangana, he completed a B.Sc. in 2005. He moved to Osmania University, Hyderabad for M.Sc. (2008) and worked as a lecturer in the same university until February 2011. Subsequently, he joined IISER Bhopal for Ph.D. (2016) under the supervision of Dr. Sanjit Konar. During his doctoral studies, he worked on Metal-Organic Framework (MOF) materials and explored their potential applications in Sorption, Proton conduction, and Sensing, etc. He joined Dr. Tashiro`s Reticular Materials Group at NIMS, Japan (2016-2017) and worked on Metal complex loaded Aerogels for photocatalysis applications. Later he moved to Clemson University, USA (2017-2018) and worked on Pd-based Metallacycles for electrochemical applications. He joined Prof. Mike Zaworotko’s group in May 2018, and his current research interests are focused on exploring porous metal-organic materials for water sorption applications.
- Sanda, S.; Kanamori, K.; Takei, T.; Tashiro. K. “Aerogel Photo-Catalyst Composed of Transparent Mesoporous Polymethylsilsesquioxane Softly Post-Modified with a Visible Light Absorbing Metal Complex” ChemNanoMat, 2018, 2, 52 –55.(Selected as Very Important Paper).
- Parshamoni, S.; Telangae, J.; Sanda, S.; Konar, S. “A Copper (I) Based Metal Organic Framework as an Efficient Heterogeneous Catalyst for the Aerobic Homocoupling of Arylboronic acids and Epoxidation of Olefins”. Chem. Asian J. 2016, 11, 540 – 547.
- Sanda, S.; Parshamoni, S.; Biswas, S.; Konar. S. “Highly selective detection of Palladium and Picric acid by a Luminescent MOF: A Dual functional fluorescent sensor” Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 6576-6579.
- Biswas, S.; Jena, H. S.; Sanda, S.; Konar, S. “Proton Conducting Magnetic Coordination Polymers” Chem. Eur. J.2015, 21, 13793–13801.
- Sanda, S.; Biswas, S.; Konar, S. “Study of Proton Conductivity of a 2D Flexible MOF and a 1D Coordination Polymer at Higher Temperature” Inorg. Chem. 2015, 54, 1218-1222.
- Parshamoni, S.; Sanda, S.; Jena, H. S.; Konar, S. “Tuning CO2 Uptake and Reversible Iodine Adsorption in Two Isoreticular MOFs through Ligand Functionalization” Chem. Asian J. 2015, 10, 653-660.
- Tomar, K.; Rajak, R.; Sanda, S.; Konar, S. “Synthesis and Characterization of Polyhedral based MOFs using Flexible Bipyrazole Ligand: Their Topological Analysis and Sorption Property Studies” Cryst. Growth Des. 2015, 15, 2742-2741.
- Sanda, S.; Biswas, S.; Parshamoni, S.; Konar, S. “Unraveling the multi-functional behavior in three interpenetrated Metal Organic Frameworks” J. Solid State Chem. 2015, 229, 103-111.
- Jena, H. S.; Goswami, S.; Sanda, S.; Parshamoni, S.; Biswas, S.; Konar, S. “A perception of ferro- and antiferromagnetic interactions in a two dimensional Ni(II) heterochiral coordination polymer showing unusual CO2 uptake behaviour” Dalton Trans. 2014, 43, 16996-16999.