Dr. Soumya Mukherjee received his PhD degree in Chemistry from IISER Pune, India in 2017, under the supervision of Dr. Sujit K. Ghosh. A recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) research fellowship (2020 onwards at AMC group@TUM) and Carl Friedrich von Siemens Research Award of the AvH Foundation (2020 onwards), a majority of the works contributing to his PhD thesis and his first postdoctoral stint (2017–2019) at the University of Limerick, Ireland, with Professor Michael J. Zaworotko were related to the crystal engineering of metal–organic materials for energy‐efficient separation and purification of gases and vapors. The Royal Society of Chemistry admitted Dr. Mukherjee as an MRSC in August 2019 and he was awarded a professional membership from the ACS in 2017. During his PhD, after winning the “Best Poster Award” in the ‘We create chemistry’-Poster Competition conducted by BASF, he was one of the twenty globally selected attendees at the 129th BASF International Summer Course 2015, in Ludwigshafen, Germany.
First author peer-reviewed publications: presented in chronological order (C = Communication, R= Review, F = Full paper, B = Book Chapter, corresponding author underlined).
- J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 14257-14271 (F).
- Science Advances 2019, 5, eaax9171 (F).
- Coord. Chem. Rev. 2018, 367, 82-126 (R).
- Book Chapter, Elsevier, 2019, DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-814633-0.00003-X (B).
- APL Materials, 2019, 7, 050701 (R).
- Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 11771-11778 (F).
- Chem. Soc. Rev. 2017, 46, 3242-3285 (R).
- Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 8215-8218 (C).
- Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 10937–10943 (F).
- Inorg. Chem. 2016, 55, 11283–11298 (F).
- Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 15386-15389 (C).
- Inorg. Chem. 2015, 54, 4403-4408 (F).
- Sci. Rep. 2014, 4, 5761-5767 (F).
- Book Chapter, RSC, DOI:10.1039/9781782626428-00091 (B).