Dr. Soumya Mukherjee received his PhD degree in Chemistry from IISER, Pune, in 2017, under the supervision of Dr. Sujit K. Ghosh. A recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) research fellowship and Carl Friedrich von Siemens Research Award of the AvH Foundation, a majority of the works contributing to his PhD thesis and his first postdoctoral stint (2017–2019, ongoing) at the University of Limerick, Ireland, with Professor Michael J. Zaworotko are related to the crystal engineering of metal–organic materials for energy‐efficient separation and purification of gases and vapors.
During his PhD, after winning the “Best Poster Award” in the ‘We create chemistry’-Poster Competition conducted by BASF, he was one of the few selected attendees at the 129th BASF International Summer Course 2015, in Ludwigshafen, Germany.
Selected peer-reviewed publications: presented in chronological order (C = Communication, R= Review, F = Full paper, B = Book Chapter, corresponding author underlined).
- J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 14257-14271 (F).
- Science Advances 2019, DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aax9171 (F).
- Coord. Chem. Rev. 2018, 367, 82-126 (R).
- Book Chapter, Elsevier, 2019, DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-814633-0.00003-X (B).
- APL Materials, 2019, 7, 050701 (R).
- Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 11771-11778 (F).
- Chem. Soc. Rev. 2017, 46, 3242-3285 (R).
- Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 8215-8218 (C).
- Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 10937–10943 (F).
- Inorg. Chem. 2016, 55, 11283–11298 (F).
- Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 15386-15389 (C).
- Inorg. Chem. 2015, 54, 4403-4408 (F).
- Sci. Rep. 2014, 4, 5761-5767 (F).
- Book Chapter, RSC, DOI:10.1039/9781782626428-00091 (B).