Shiqiang Wang is a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Crystal Engineering research group at UL. He received his B.Sc. (2013) and M.Sc. (2016) degrees from Hebei University and Xiamen University respectively. During his graduate study, he worked on the magnetism and chirality of 3d/4f metal clusters under the supervision of Prof. Xiangjian Kong. He finished his PhD (2020) under the supervision of Prof. Michael Zaworotko at UL. His current research interests are:
- Chiral Metal-Organic Materials (CMOMs) for chiral separation and identification.
- Switching Adsorbent Layered Materials (SALMAs) for gas/vapor/liquid storage and separation.
- Xiu-Ying Zheng, Shi-Qiang Wang, Wen Tang, Gui-Lin Zhuang, Xiang-Jian Kong, Yan-Ping Ren, La-Sheng Long and Lan-Sun Zheng. “Two nanosized 3d–4f clusters featuring four Ln6 octahedra encapsulating a Zn4 tetrahedron” Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 10687-10690.
- Shi-Qiang Wang, Qing-Yuan Yang, Soumya Mukherjee, Daniel O’Nolan, Ewa Patyk-Kaźmierczak, Kai-Jie Chen, Mohana Shivanna, Claire Murray, Chiu C. Tang and Michael J. Zaworotko. “Recyclable switching between nonporous and porousphases of a square lattice (sql) topology coordination network” Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 7052-7054.
- Ai-Xin Zhu, Qing-Yuan Yang, Amrit Kumar, Clare Crowley, Soumya Mukherjee, Kai-Jie Chen, Shi-Qiang Wang, Daniel O’Nolan, Mohana Shivanna, and Michael J. Zaworotko. “A Coordination Network That Reversibly Switches between Two Nonporous Polymorphs and a High Surface Area Porous Phase” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2018, 140, 15572-15576.
- Guo-Bi Li, Bai-Qiao Song, Shi-Qiang Wang, Ling-Min Pei, Sheng-Gui Liu, Jiang-Li Song, and Qing-Yuan Yang.“Selective Adsorption of Water, Methanol, and Ethanol by Naphthalene Diimide-Based Coordination Polymers with Constructed Open Cu2+ Metal Sites and Separation of Ethanol/Acetonitrile” ACS Omega, 2019, 4, 1995–2000.
- Run-Qing Miao, Qi-Qi Zhou, Shi-Qiang Wang, Xiao-Yue Cheng, Dan-Feng Wang, Rong-Bin Huang. “Solvent-Induced Zn(II) Coordination Polymers with 1, 3, 5-Benzenetricarboxylic Acid” J. Mol. Struct., 2019, 1184, 219-224.
- Shi-Qiang Wang, Soumya Mukherjee, Ewa Patyk-Kaźmierczak, Alankriti Bajpai, Shaza Darwish, Qing-Yuan Yang and Michael J. Zaworotko. “Highly selective, high capacity separation of o-xylene from C8 aromatics by a switching adsorbent layered material” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58, 6630-6634.
- Zhifang Wang, Nivedita Sikdar, Shi-Qiang Wang, Xia Li, Meihui Yu, Xian-He Bu, Ze Chang, Xiaolong Zou, Yao Chen, Peng Cheng, Kuang Yu, Michael J. Zaworotko, and Zhenjie Zhang. “A Soft Porous Crystal based upon Organic Cages that Exhibits Guest Induced Breathing and Selective Gas Separation” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141, 9408-9414.
- Na Sun, Shi-Qiang Wang, Ruqiang Zou, Wen-Gang Cui, Anqi Zhang, Tianzhen Zhang, Qi Li, Zhan-Zhong Zhuang, Ying-Hui Zhang, Jialiang Xu, Michael J. Zaworotko, and Xian-He Bu. “Benchmark selectivity p-xylene separation by a non-porous molecular solid through liquid or vapor extraction” Chem. Sci., 2019, 10, 8850-8854.
- Shaza Darwish,† Shi-Qiang Wang,† Denise M. Croker, Gavin M. Walker and Michael J. Zaworotko. “Comparison of mechanochemistry vs solution methods for synthesis of 4,4′-bipyridine based coordination polymers” ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng., 2019, 7, 19505-19512. (†co-first author)
- Adrianna Kaluza, Soumya Mukherjee, Shi-Qiang Wang, Daniel J. O'Hearn, Michael Zaworotko. “[Cu(4-phenylpyridine)4(trifluoromethanesulfonate)2], a Werner complex that exhibits high selectivity for o-xylene” Chem. Commun., 2020, 56, 1940-1943.
- Soumya Mukherjee, Yonghe He, Douglas Franz, Shi-Qiang Wang, Wan-Ru Xian, Andrey Bezrukov, Brian Space, Zhengtao Xu, Jun He, Michael Zaworotko. “Halogen-C2H2 Binding in Ultramicroporous MOFs for Benchmark C2H2/CO2 Separation Selectivity” Chem.–Eur. J., 2020, 26, 4923-4929.
- Bai-Qiao Song, Qing-Yuan Yang, Shi-Qiang Wang, Matthias Vandichel, Amrit Kumar, Clare Crowley, Naveen Kumar, Cheng-Hua Deng, Victoria GasconPerez, Matteo Lusi, Hui Wu, Wei Zhou, Michael J. Zaworotko. “Reversible Switching between Nonporous and Porous Phases of a New SIFSIX Coordination Network Induced by a Flexible Linker Ligand” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2020, 142, 6896-6901.
- Soumya Mukherjee, Shoushun Chen, Andrey A. Bezrukov, Matthew Mostrom, Victor V. Terskikh, Douglas Franz, Shi-Qiang Wang, Amrit Kumar, Mansheng Chen, Brian Space, Yining Huang, Michael J. Zaworotko. “Ultramicropore engineering by dehydration to enable molecular sieving of H2 by calcium trimesate” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 59,16188-16194.
- Naveen Kumar,† Shi-Qiang Wang,† Soumya Mukherjee, Andrey A. Bezrukov, Ewa Patyk-Kaźmierczak, Daniel O’Nolan, Amrit Kumar, Mei-Hui Yu, Ze Chang, Xian-He Bu, Michael J. Zaworotko. “Crystal engineering of a rectangular sql coordination network to enable xylenes selectivity over ethylbenzene” Chem. Sci., 2020, 11, 6889-6895. (†co-first author)
- Shi-Qiang Wang, Hui Zhang, Xiang-Jiang Kong and La-Sheng Long. “The synthesis, structure and slow magnetic relaxation investigation of a new Dy(III) single-chain magnets” 2015, the 9th National Symposium on Inorganic Chemistry, China. (Poster Presentation)
- Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Gate adsorption behavior of a 2D square lattice network” 2017, Inorganic Ireland 2017, Dublin. (Poster Presentation)
- Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “High-performance separation of C8 aromatics by a switching adsorbent layered material” 2018, the 2nd Meeting on Porous Molecular Solids, Italy. (Honored with the European Crystallographic Association “Young Scientist” Award; Poster + Oral Presentation)
- Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Reversible switching behaviour in a coordination network” 2018, the 43rdInternational Conference on Coordination Chemistry, Japan. (Poster Presentation)
- Shaza Darwish, Shi-Qiang Wang, Denise M. Croker, Gavin M. Walker and Michael Zaworotko. “Continuous, scalable preparation of coordination networks by extrusion” 2018, the 43rd International Conference on Coordination Chemistry, Japan.
- Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Switching Adsorbent Layered Materials” 2019, the 14th International Symposium on Macrocyclic and Supramolecular Chemistry, Italy. (Honored with the International Union of Crystallography “Young Scientist” Award; Poster Presentation)
- Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Switching Adsorbent Layered Materials (SALMAs)” 2019, the 71st Irish Universities Chemistry Research Colloquium, Dublin. (Poster Presentation)
- Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “SQ's sql Nets", 2019, Bernal Research Day, Limerick, Ireland. ( "The best illustration" Award winner; Poster + Oral Presentation)
- Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Switchable square lattice (sql) coordination networks", 2019, Coordination and Organometallic Discussion Group Christmas meeting 2019, Dublin, Ireland. (Poster + Oral Presentation)