Shi-Yuan Zhang received his B. Sc. Degree from Nankai University, China in 2011. His undergraduate work mainly focused on molecular magnetism of coordination polymers (CPs). Under the supervision of Prof. Mike Zaworotko, he finished his M. Sc. study at University of South Florida, USA in 2014, working on porous homochiral metal-organic materials (CMOMs). He joined Prof. Mike Zaworotko’s group in University of Limerick, Ireland and finished his Ph.D study in 2016/2017. Current research interests are focused on the discovery of chirality in solid-state crystalline materials and their enantioselective separation applications, as well as chiral crystalline sponges.
- S. Y. Zhang., C.-X. Yang, W. Shi, X.-P. Yan, P. Cheng, L. Wojtas, M. J. Zaworotko, "A Chiral Metal-Organic Material that Enables Enantiomeric Identification and Purification", Chem, 2017, 3, 281.
- S. Y. Zhang., D. Li, D. Guo, H. Zhang, W. Shi, P. Cheng, L. Wojtas, M. J. Zaworotko, "Synthesis of a Chiral Form of MOF-5, by Chiral Induction", J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137, 15406.
- S. Y. Zhang, L. Wojtas, M. J. Zaworotko, “Structural Insight into Guest Binding Sites in a Porous Homo-chiral Metal-Organic Material”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137, 12045.
- S. Y. Zhang, W. Shi, P. Cheng, M. J. Zaworotko, “A Mixed Crystal Lanthanide Zeolite-like Metal-Organic Framework as a Fluorescent Indicator for Lysophosphatidic Acid, a Cancer Biomarker”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137, 12203.
- S. Y. Zhang, X Zhang, H Li, Z Niu, W Shi, P Cheng, “Dual-Functionalized Metal–Organic Frameworks Constructed from Hexatopic Ligand for Selective CO2 Adsorption”, Inorg. Chem., 2015, 54, 2310.
- S. Y. Zhang, Z. Zhang, M. J. Zaworokto, "Topology, Chirality and Interpenetration in Coordination Polymers", Chem. Comm., 2013, 49, 9700.
- S. Y. Zhang, W. Shi, J. G. Ma, Y. Q. Zhang, Z. J. Zhang, P. Cheng, "Hydrothermal synthesis of an ortho-metallated Co(III) complex anchored by a carboxylate group with a selective oxidation catalytic property", Dalton Trans., 2013, 42, 4313.
- S. Y. Zhang, Z. J. Zhang, W. Shi, B. Zhao, P. Cheng, D. Z. Liao, S. P. Yan, "Structural evolution and magnetic properties of CoII coordination polymers varied from 1D to 3D constructed by 1, 4-bis (1, 2, 4-triazol-1-ylmethyl) benzene", Dalton Trans., 2012, 40, 7993.
- S. Y. Zhang, W. Shi, Y. Lan, N. Xu, X. Q. Zhao, A. K. Powell, B. Zhao, P. Cheng, D. Z. Liao, S. P. Yan, "Observation of slow relaxation of the magnetization and hysteresis loop in an antiferromagnetic ordered phase of a 2D framework based on CoII magnetic chains", Chem. Comm., 2011, 47, 2859.