Dr. Kai-Jie Chen is currently a postdoctoral fellow in the Crystal Engineering Research Group at the University of Limerick, Ireland. He was born in Zhengzhou, China in 1986 and received his B.A. (2008)and Ph.D. (2013) degrees from Zhengzhou University and Sun Yat-Sen University. His doctoral work, supervised by Prof. Xiao-Ming Chen, is associated with the design, synthesis, and characterization of porous coordination polymers with mixed-linkers, resulting in his dissertation “Assembly, Structure and Property Studies of Porous Coordination Polymers Based on Azolate and Carboxylate Ligands”.
His Research activities have focused on the synthesis and gas-sorption related properties of porous coordination polymers.
- (F) Xili Cui,* Kai-Jie Chen,* Huabin Xing, Qiwei Yang, Rajamani Krishna, Zongbi Bao, Hui Wu, Wei Zhou, Xinglong Dong, Yu Han, Bin Li, Qilong Ren, Michael J. Zaworotko and Banglin Chen. Pore chemistry and size control in hybrid porous materials for acetylene capture from ethylene. Science. 2016, 353, 141-144. (*: Co-first author)
- (C)Kai-Jie Chen, David G. Madden, Tony Pham, Katherine A. Forrest, Amrit Kumar, Qing-Yuan Yang, Wei Xue, Brian Space, John J. Perry IV, Jie-Peng Zhang, Xiao-Ming Chen and Michael J. Zaworotko.Tuning Pore Size in Square-Lattice Coordination Networks for Size-Selective Sieving of CO2. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 10268-10272.
- (F)Kai-Jie Chen, Hayley S. Scott, David G. Madden, Tony Pham, Amrit Kumar, Alankriti Bajpai, Matteo Lusi, Katherine A. Forrest, Brian Space, John J. Perry IV, and Michael J. Zaworotko. Benchmark C2H2/CO2 and CO2/C2H2 separation by two closely related hybrid ultramicroporous materials. Chem. 2016, 1, 753-765.
- Kai-Jie Chen. Picking the right material for the right application. Chem. 2016, 1, 666-667.
- (F)Kai-Jie Chen, John J. Perry IV, Hayley S. Scott, Qing-Yuan Yang and Michael J. Zaworotko. Double-walled pyr topology networks from a novel fluoride-bridged heptanuclear metal cluster. Chem. Sci. 2015, 6, 4784-4789.