Dr. Hayley Scott completed her Ph.D. at Monash University (2014) and is currently working as a postdoctoral researcher in the Crystal Engineering research group at the University of Limerick.
The current project focusses on the development of new platforms of Hybrid Ultramicroporous Materials (HUMs), a subclass of MOMs, which combine anionic, inorganic linkers and ultramicropores. The analysis of selective gas sorption behaviour in these modular platforms is the primary focus for this project. Additionally, the control and effects of interpenetration upon gas sorption performance in HUMs is a secondary area of interest.
- H. S. Scott, N. Ogiwara, K.-J. Chen, D. G. Madden, T. Pham, K. Forrest, B. Space, S. Horike, J. J. Perry IV, S. Kitagawa, M. J. Zaworotoko, "Crystal engineering of a family of hybrid ultramicroporous materials based upon interpenetration and dichromate linkers", Chem. Sci., 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C6SC01385F
- H. S. Scott, A. Bajpai, K.-J. Chen, T. Pham, B. Space, J. J. Perry IV, M. J. Zaworotko, "Novel mode of 2-fold interpenetration observed in a primitive cubic network of formula [Ni(1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)acetylene)2(Cr2O7)]n" Chem. Commun., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5CC05866J
- K. J. Chen, J. J. Perry IV, H. S. Scott, Q. Y. Yang, M. J. Zaworotko, "Double walled pyr topology networks from a novel fluoride-bridged heptanuclear metal cluster", Chem. Sci., 2015, 6, 4784-4789
- H. S. Scott, B. Moubaraki, N. Paradis, G. Chastanet, J.-F. Letard, S. R. Batten, K. S. Murray, "2,2'-dipyridylamino-based ligands with substituted alkyl chain groups and their 0D-M(II) spin crossover complexes", J. Mater. Chem. C., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5TC00491H
- H. S. Scott, T. M. Ross, W. Phonsri, B. Moubaraki, G. Chastanet, J.-F. Letard, S. R. Batten, K. S. Murray, "Discrete Fe(II) Spin Crossover Complexes of 2,2'-Dipyridylamino-substituted s-triazine ligands with phenoxo, cyanophenoxo and dibenzylamino functionalities", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2015, 763-777
- H. S. Scott, C. J. Gartshore, S.-X. Guo, B. Mourbaraki, A. M. Bond, S. R. Batten, K. S. Murray, "Ferrocene-appended ligands for use in spin crossover-redox 'hybrid' complexes of iron (II) and cobalt (II)", Dalton Trans., 2014, 43, 15212-15220
- H. S. Scott, T. M. Ross, N. F. Chilton, I. A. Gass, B. Moubaraki, G. Chastanet, N. Paradis, J.-F. Lètard, K. R. Vignesh, G. Rajaraman, S. R. Batten, K. S. Murray, “Crown-linked dipyridylamino-triazine ligands and their spin-crossover iron(II) derivatives: magnetism, photomagnetism and cooperativity”, Dalton Trans., 2013, 42, 16494-16509
- H. S. Scott, A. Nafady, J. D. Cashion, A. M. Bond, B. Moubaraki, K. S. Murray, S. M. Neville, “A ferrocenyl-substituted 1,2,4-triazole ligand and its FeII, NiII and CuII 1D-chain complexes”, Dalton Trans., 2013, 42, 10326-10336
- H. S. Scott, T. M. Ross, B. Moubaraki, K. S. Murray, S. M. Neville, “Spin Crossover in Polymeric Materials Using Schiff Base Functionalized Triazole Ligands”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2013, 803-812
- H. S. Scott, T. M. Ross, S. R. Batten, I. A. Gass, B. Moubaraki, S. M. Neville, K. S. Murray, “Iron(II) Mononuclear Materials Containing Functionalised Dipyridylamino-Substituted Triazine Ligands: Structure, Magnetism and Spin Crossover”, Aust. J. Chem., 2012, 65, 874-882
- Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 14815-14815 DOI:10.1039/C5CC90428E