Dr. Ewa Patyk-Kazmierczak is currently a postdoctoral fellow in the Crystal Engineering Research Group at the University of Limerick, Ireland. She was born inPoznan, Poland in 1988 and received her B.A. (2010), M.Sc. (2012) andPh.D. (2016) degrees from Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland. Her doctoral work, supervised by Prof. Andrzej Katrusiak, is associated with the high-pressure polymorphism of carbohydrates, resulting in her dissertation“Pressure-induced structural transformations of carbohydrate crystals”.
Her research activities have focused on crystallization and co-crystallization, as well as determination of crystal structures of various compounds by means of X-ray diffraction.
Selected peer-reviewed publications: presented in chronological order (C = Communication, R= Review, F = Full paper, B = Book Chapter, corresponding author underlined).
- (F) E. Patyk-Kaźmierczak, M. R. Warren, D. R. Allan, A. Katrusiak. Pressure inverse solubility and polymorphism of an edible γ-cyclodextrin-based metal–organic framework. Phys.Chem.Chem.Phys 2017, 19, 9086-9091.
- (F) E. Patyk-Kaźmierczak, M. R. Warren, D. R. Allan, A. Katrusiak. Intermolecular contacts in compressed α-d-mannose. Cryst. Growth Des. 2016, 16, 6885-6890.
- (F) E. Patyk , A. Jenczak, A. Katrusiak. Giant strain geared to transformable H-bonded network in compressed β-D-mannose. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys 2016, 18, 11474-11479.
- (C) E. Patyk, M. Podsiadło, A. Katrusiak. Discrete CH···N bonded patterns modified by temperature and pressure in four pyrazine polymorphs. Cryst. Growth Des. 2015, 15, 5670-5674.
- (F) E. Patyk, M. Podsiadło, A. Katrusiak. CH ··· N bonds and dynamics in isostructural pyrimidine polymorphs.Cryst. Growth Des. 2015, 15, 4039-4044.
- (F) E. Patyk, A. Katrusiak. Transformable H-bonds and conformation in compressed glucose.
Chem. Sci. 2015, 6, 1991-1995.
- (C) E. Patyk, J. Skumiel, M. Podsiadło, A. Katrusiak. High-pressure (+)-sucrose polymorph. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 2146-2150.