Dr. Carol Hua is a former postdoctoral researcher in the Crystal Engineering Research Group at the University of Limerick, Ireland. Carol completed her PhD in 2015 under the supervision of Dr. Deanna D’Alessandro at the University of Sydney. Specific interests with her doctoral work involved in the synthesis and characterisation of multifunctional redox-active materials (molecular complexes, metal-organic frameworks and porous organic polymers) using in situsolution and solid state spectroelectrochemical techniques. Her honours project on the development of Rh, Ir and Ru hydroamination catalysts, completed under the supervision of Prof. Barbara Messerle at the University of NSW in 2011, earned her the award of the University Medal in Chemistry. Current research interests involve the development of porous materials as sensors for CO2 and for the storage and delivery of NO for biomedical applications.
- C. Hua, A. Baldansuren, F. Tuna, D. Collison, D. M. D’Alessandro, “In situ Spectroelectrochemical Investigations of the Redox-Active Tris(4-(pyridin-4-yl)phenyl)amine Ligand and a Zn2+ Coordination Framework”, Inorg. Chem.,2016, 55, 7270-7280.
- B. Chen, Z. Lv, C. Hua, C. F. Leong, F. Tuna, D. M. D'Alessandro, D. Collison, J. Zuo, “Dimetallic Ruthenium Complex Based on a π-Extended Bridging Ligand with Redox Active Tetrathiafulvalene and 1,10-Phenanthroline Units”, Inorg. Chem., 2016, 55, 4606-4615.
- C. Hua, B. Abrahams, D. M. D’Alessandro, “Controlling Interpenetration in Electroactive Co(II) Frameworks based on the Tris(4-(pyridin-4-yl) phenyl) amine ligand”, Cryst. Growth Des., 2016, 16, 1149-1155.
- C. Hua, B. Chan, A. Rawal, F. Tuna, D. Collison, J. M. Hook, D. M. D’Alessandro, “Redox tunable viologen-based porous organic polymers”, J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 2535-2544.
- C. Hua, D. M. D’Alessandro, “Redox-state investigation in a Co(II) framework with the redox-active tris (4-(pyridin-4-yl) phenyl) amine ligand”, Supramol. Chem., 2015, 27, 792-797.
- C. Hua, P. Turner, D. M. D’Alessandro, “Facile redox state manipulation in Cu(I) frameworks by utilisation of the redox-active tris (4-(pyridin-4-yl) phenyl) amine ligand”, Dalton Trans., 2015, 44, 15297-15303.
- F. Rizzuto, C. Hua, B. Chan, T. B. Faust, A. Rawal, C. F. Leong, J. M. Hook, C. J. Kepert, D. M. D’Alessandro, “The electronic, optical and magnetic consequences of delocalization in multifunctional donor–acceptor organic polymers”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2015, 17, 11252-11259.
- M. Murphy, C. Hua, J. Price, C. Kepert, D. M. D’Alessandro, “Structures, Electrochemical and Spectral Properties of a Series of [MnN(CN)3(diimine)]–Complexes”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2015, 2752-2757.
- S. Kanehashi, G. Q. Chen, C. A. Scholes, B. Ozcelik, C. Hua, L. Ciddor, P. D. Southon, D. M. D’Alessandro, S. E. Kentish, “Enhancing gas permeability in mixed matrix membranes through tuning the nanoparticle properties”, J. Membrane Sci., 2015, 482, 49-55.
- C. Hua, A. Rawal, T. B. Faust, P. D. Southon, R. Babarao, J. M. Hook, D. M. D’Alessandro, “Exploiting stable radical states for multifunctional properties in triarylamine-based porous organic polymers”, J. Mater. Chem. A,2014, 2, 12466-12474.
- C. Hua, D. M. D’Alessandro, “A Mn(II) coordination framework incorporating the redox-active tris (4-(pyridin-4-yl) phenyl) amine ligand (NPy3): electrochemical and spectral properties”, CrystEngComm, 2014, 16, 6331-6334 (selected as a “hot paper”).
- F. J. Rizzuto, T. B. Faust, B. Chan, C. Hua, D. M. D'Alessandro, C. J. Kepert, “Experimental and Computational Studies of a Multi‐Electron Donor–Acceptor Ligand Containing the Thiazolo[5, 4‐d]thiazole Core and its Incorporation into a Metal–Organic Framework”, Chem. Eur. J., 2014, 20, 17597-17605.
- C. Hua, P. Turner, D. M. D’Alessandro, “Electrochemical and optical properties of a redox-active Cu(II) coordination framework incorporating the tris(4-(pyridin-4-yl)phenyl) amine ligand” Dalton Trans., 2013, 42, 6310-6313.
- C. Hua, W. H. Zhang, S. R. M. De Almeida, S. Ciampi, D. Gloria, G. Liu, J. B. Harper, J. J. Gooding, “A novel route to copper(II) detection using ‘click’chemistry-induced aggregation of gold nanoparticles”, Analyst, 2012,137, 82-86 (selected as a “hot paper”, inside front cover).
- C. Hua, K. Q. Vuong, M. Bhadbhade, B. A. Messerle, “New Rhodium(I) and Iridium(I) Complexes Containing Mixed Pyrazolyl–1, 2, 3-Triazolyl Ligands As Catalysts for Hydroamination”, Organometallics, 2012, 31, 1790-1800.
- C. M. Wong, K. Q. Vuong, M. R. D. Gatus, C. Hua, M. Bhadbhade, B. A. Messerle, “Catalyzed Tandem C–N/C–C Bond Formation for the Synthesis of Tricyclic Indoles using Ir(III) Pyrazolyl-1, 2, 3-Triazolyl Complexes”,Organometallics, 2012, 31, 7500-7510.