Ahmad Ziaee graduated from Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST) with a BSc in materials science and engineering at 2010. He worked as a researcher at ceramic materials synthesis laboratory at IUST for two years. During this period his research was mainly focused on two aspects: Micro Arc Oxidation (MAO) technique for catalysis and biomaterials coatings fabrication, and optimizing and formulating of gel-casting process for aluminosilicate bodies. His works has been published in peer reviewed journals. Also, he has worked in an international company as a sale and technical support engineer during which he has been in contact with major refractory raw materials supporting companies across the world. Ahmad started his Masters studies in University of Limerick at January 2014. His project which is funded by SFI research professor scheme, is jointly supervised by Dr. Tofail Syed and Prof. Michael Zaworotko. Ahmad’s project will be focused on simulation of adsorption of CO2 in metal-organic frameworks.
- Abbasi, S., F. Golestani-Fard, S. M. M. Mirhosseini, A. Ziaee and M. Mehrjoo. "Effect of Electrolyte Concentration on Microstructure and Properties of Micro Arc Oxidized Hydroxyapatite/Titania Nanostructured Composite." Materials Science and Engineering: C 33, no. 5 (2013): 2555-2561.
- Abbasi, S., F. Golestani-Fard, H. R. Rezaie, S. M. M. Mirhosseini and A. Ziaee. "Mao-Derived Hydroxyapatite–Tio2 Nanostructured Bio-Ceramic Films on Titanium." Materials Research Bulletin 47, no. 11 (2012): 3407-3412.
- Abbasi, S., S. M. Mirkazemi, A. Ziaee and M. Saeedi Heydari. "The Effects of Fe2o3 and Co3o4 on Microstructure and Properties of Foam Glass from Soda Lime Waste Glasses." Glass Physics and Chemistry 40, no. 2 (2014): 173-179.
- Bayati, M. R., H. R. Zargar, Ali Talimian, Ahmad Ziaee and Roya Molaei. "Characterization of Al2o3–Tio2 Nano Porous Solar Absorbers Derived Via Mao/Sol-Gel Hybrid Process." Surface and Coatings Technology 205, no. 7 (2010): 2483-2489.
Awards and Presentations
- Best Paper Award, Plenary research talk, Theoretical Study of Adsorption in SIFSIX-3-Zn Type Porous Materials,Ahmad Ziaee, Drahomir Chovan, Michael Zaworotko and Syed A.M. Tofail,NUIG-UL Alliance 5th postgraduate research day, Galway, Ireland, April 2015.
- Poster Presentation, Theoretical Optimization of Pore Size and Shape in SIFSIX-3-M Type Porous Materials, Ahmad Ziaee, Drahomir Chovan, John J. Perry IV, Michael Zaworotko and Syed A.M. Tofail, 12th International Conference on Materials Chemistry (MC12), York, UK, July 2015.
- 3*3 presentation, Modelling of pore size in SIFSIX-3-Zn hybrid porous materials, Ahmad Ziaee, Drahomir Chovan, Michael Zaworotko and Syed A.M. Tofail, Inorganic Ireland, Dublin, Ireland, December 2014.
- Poster Presentation, Simulation of Adsorption of CO2 within an Ultramicroporous Metal-Organic Framework, Ahmad Ziaee, Drahomir Chovan, Michael Zaworotko and Syed A.M. Tofail, Chemical Society of Ireland Congress, Limerick, Ireland, September 2014.