Debo completed his PhD in April 2019, working on coordination polymers based on flexible and functional ligands, with Prof. Wolfgang Schmitt at Trinity College Dublin. He specialised in evaluating the impact of flexibility on coordination polymer structure and properties. He joined Prof. Michael Zaworotko’s group in July 2019 as a postdoctoral researcher, to work on applying the exciting chemistry of metal-organic materials to pressing global challenges.
1) Zhu, N., Sensharma, D., Wix, P., Lennox, M. J., Düren, T., Wong, W. Y., & Schmitt, W. (2016). Framework Isomerism: Highly Augmented Copper (II)-Paddlewheel-Based MOF with Unusual (3, 4)-Net Topology. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2016 (13‐14), 1939-1943.
2) Sensharma, D., Vaesen, S., Healy, C., Hartmann, J., Kathalikkattil, A. C., Wix, P., Steuber, F., Zhu, N., & Schmitt, W. (2018). CO2 Adsorption in SIFSIX‐14‐Cu‐i: High Performance, Inflected Isotherms, and Water‐Triggered Release via Reversible Structural Transformation. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2018(19), 1993-1997.
3) Sensharma, D., Wix, P., Kathalikkattil, A. C., & Schmitt, W. (2018). Passing it up the ranks: hierarchical ion-size dependent supramolecular response in 1D coordination polymers. CrystEngComm, 20(35), 5127-5131.
4) Martins, L., Macreadie, L.K., Sensharma, D., Vaesen, S., Zhang, X., Gough, J.J., O'Doherty, M., Zhu, N.Y., Rüther, M., O'Brien, J.E. and Bradley, A.L., (2019). Light-harvesting, 3rd generation Ru II/Co II MOF with a large, tubular channel aperture. Chemical Communications, 55(34), 5013-5016.
5) Jin, G., Sensharma, D., Zhu, N. and Vaesen, S., Schmitt, W., (2019). Highly augmented, (12, 3)-connected Zr-MOF containing hydrated coordination sites for the catalytic transformation of gaseous CO2 to cyclic carbonates. Dalton Transactions, advance article. (Joint first author)
6) Sensharma, D., Zhu, N., Tandon, S., Vaesen, S., Watson, G.W. and Schmitt, W., (2019). Flexible Metal–Organic Frameworks for Light-Switchable CO2 Sorption Using an Auxiliary Ligand Strategy. Inorganic Chemistry, advance article.
2011 - 2014 B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, • St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi 2012 I.A.Sc. Summer Research Fellow • Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 2017 P.G.Dip. (Statistics) • Trinity College Dublin 2014 - 2019 Ph.D in Chemistry • School of Chemistry, Trinity College Dublin